Homosexual Monkeys?

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 pm

My dog is a girl and she humps the other girl dog... Should I be concerned?

-Danny

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:25 am

That depends on how much you like the idea of having a lesbian dog.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

kiekyon
Coral
Coral

Re: HOMOSEXUALITY?

Post by kiekyon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:28 am

pankaaj wrote:Which species r that?
What is the need of homosexuality? Is there any economical benefit / genetic advantage to the specie? Or is it abnormality?

i heard that some species of monkey engage in homosexual sex as a way to resolve conflict

Djpatrick
Garter
Garter

Re: Homosexual Monkeys?

Post by Djpatrick » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:40 pm

Micky T wrote:Is it true there are homosexual monkeys? If so, can other animals be homosexual?

There's clearly a wide range of homosexual behaviors in the animal kingdom. It's widespread, common and impossible to deny or explain away any longer. Homosexuality is natural as green grass in summer, and it's high time we accepted that fact.

ilovelepidoptera
Garter
Garter

Post by ilovelepidoptera » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Homosexual animals do exist, most observed cases have been in mammals and fish. You probably heard about homosexual monkeys because of the bonobos. I have found quite a good article on the subject, go to http://www.subversions.com/french/pages ... imals.html

rach
Garter
Garter

Post by rach » Fri May 12, 2006 8:57 am

guinea pigs often are bisexual. i know that for a fact.
MORE magazine told me so

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Tue May 16, 2006 2:21 am

I think that homosexuality can arise as a result of overpopulation. It would necessarily have to be a result of environmental stresses on the parents or developing young.
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

Why,Why not
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Why,Why not » Sat May 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Either that or if an animal is in a same sex inviromen't, they try to adapt.
for example, some types of fish will change there sex in a same sex enviroment in order to expand their population, and i believe some types of frogs also do the same. One case of animal homosexuality was a two lamas my freind owned. both were male yet one of them still seemed to try reprouducing, if you get my drift. anyway that lama also tried "doin the do" :wink: with some sheep that were in the same field. Either way the lama wasen't being homosexual on purpose, it was trying to increase the population.
Is a Fly without wings called a walk????

Lizard
Garter
Garter

Post by Lizard » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:31 am

I knew a pair of homosexual male llamas. There was even a female in the pasture with them, but eventually they took her out because the two males ignored her.

far-out
Garter
Garter

Post by far-out » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:48 pm

I heard about cases of homosexual behavour among some dolphins. They also practice oral sex. It's not a joke.
...there will be fireflies and glow-worms at night to guide you and butterflies in the hedges and forests to greet you...

daniel.kurz
Coral
Coral

Post by daniel.kurz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 am

Monkeys do indeed use sex as 1.) an activity 2.) a way to make a resolve 3.) reproduction. Mind you it doesn't matter what sex it is that is doing the sexual action as long as its not reproduction. Then we have to get worried.