Internship

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Host
Garter
Garter

Internship

Post by Host » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Im a undergrad student hoping to find an internship this summer involving research on Bears and was wondering by word of mouth, or stuff u've seen around your campus i'f you know of any organizations or such which does such work, thank you

- Host

cardiorrhexis
Coral
Coral

Post by cardiorrhexis » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm

Host,

Where are you located and are you willing to travel? I used to work with a wildlife rehab center (yes, bears included) and they do internships...

Host
Garter
Garter

Post by Host » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:46 pm

Im in Ga, and yes im willing to travel, as far as i can go

i found a place in alaska that does this sort of stuff but there asking that i work 35hrs a week in a museum plus doing clean up, and all i will be doing is counting birds... not that thats bad but it isnt my cup o' tea, but i guess its more to visit alaska, which i'd love...

bearhug
Coral
Coral

Post by bearhug » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:17 pm

Whoa dude where do you go to school in GA? I go to UGA! Here's a place that might interest you Chestatee Wildlife Preserve, also the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory (I think that's what it's called). The preserve has alot of wild animals, maybe even bears. I went to the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory for a Marine Science course and it was awesome. It's located at the border of GA and SC. :o
"In omnias paratus!"

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:49 pm

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

Host
Garter
Garter

Post by Host » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:47 am

rustic describes it :roll: i dont know though about "lookign clean" but thats one hell of an internship