Hi all ..
are animals see the colors as we do ?
thanx

zami'87.
Coral
Coral

Re: colors..

Post by zami'87. » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:46 pm

Hey Sharifa! Not all animals can distinguish colors. Insects can see colors, bees even see in ultraviolent range. U know photoreceptors 1. cones-responsible for color vision and 2. rods-responsible for peripherial and night vision. Nocturnal animals need good night vision when they hunt so they see black/white and have maximum of rods (eg cats). But most birds can see color......

firestag
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by firestag » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:21 am

do humans see the same color ???that is the question no one realy knows

February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by February Beetle » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:46 pm

Isn't it weird to think about like what one person sees as green it is blue to the other person but they all learn the same words for different colors?

I think a lot of Arthropods see a wider range in color than humans do. Along with insects I think some crustations have an awesome range of site. They see colors we can't, like we're in a black/white world. It is very strange to think about.

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

Squawkbox
Coral
Coral

Post by Squawkbox » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Is there a reason why somebody could tell what is blue and what is yellow but cannot tell the words when yellow is written on a blue background?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

flint
Garter
Garter

Post by flint » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 pm

sorry I did not see this thread when I responded to the other one

Squawk it has to do with the number of rods and cones (cells specialized for seeing different types of light) and how quickly they "tire".

firestag
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by firestag » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:10 pm

February Beetle wrote:Isn't it weird to think about like what one person sees as green it is blue to the other person but they all learn the same words for different colors?

I think a lot of Arthropods see a wider range in color than humans do. Along with insects I think some crustations have an awesome range of site. They see colors we can't, like we're in a black/white world. It is very strange to think about.

thats what i mean its so weird

Squawkbox
Coral
Coral

Post by Squawkbox » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:18 pm

@flint

How would this stop you distinguishing between blue and yellow, wouldnt you just see it as black if the rods and cones dont detect the light?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.