Triglycerides?

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Host
Garter
Garter

Post by Host » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Hey Mr. thnaks for your help, i found a really good digram at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cell ... rawing.jpg
which helped alot

but does anyone know the two about Animal triglycerdies and Plant triglycerides (mainly) are they both going to be (under natrual conditions) solid-animal, plant-liquid... i googled them and found that coconut fat (a plant fat is one of the few plant fats thats solid at room temp rather than liquid....any comments

hey Mr. was i right about the molecular formula of a carb? i.e. C22.H40.O21. isnt a carb b/c C doesnt equal O (no 1:2:1 ratio)?
yet would it be if it where C22.H40.O22 (even though for it to be 1;2;1, itd have to be C22.H44.O22?)

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:49 pm

I already mentioned margarine, and the stuff they use for supplements I think they're cod liver oil, that stuff is liquid.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:41 pm

Yes, you got it. If you have the propper ration, you might have a carb. But as victor and i pointed out, there are some molecules with the propper ratio that are not carbs..
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter