cheese sandwich

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

zonia30
Garter
Garter

cheese sandwich

Post by zonia30 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm

can anyone help me need to know if you could live off cheese butties i know the answer is probably no or is it and why???????also i need to know what happens to a cheese sandwich in digestion this is for an assignment so general hints would be nice cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Squawkbox
Coral
Coral

Post by Squawkbox » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:36 pm

No its not a very balanced diet.
Think what you have in cheese sandwick
ie fat etc
you need all sorts of different vitamins, protein, fat, carbohydrate etc
also you need small amounts of minerals like iron and calcium

Digestion is the same for most stuff, it just depends on the makeup of the food to which enzymes are more active. Amylase starts to break down starch in the mouth, then there are different enzymes in the stomach with v low pH, stomach churns food up, more enzymes in intestine with hicher pH. Also think about bile being added and absorbtion of the amino acids, sugars and lipids produced by the enzymes from the digested food
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:04 am

I want cheese sandwich now :P

zonia30
Garter
Garter

Post by zonia30 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 pm

thank you for that maybe i will get more marks if i try living off cheese butties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

zoewood
Garter
Garter

Post by zoewood » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:27 pm

hi zonya
ive caught you cheating, asking for the answers, if you get the best marks we know why!!!!!! HE HE HE, dont no how i found this but youve been caught!!!!!!!!!!!! HE HE HE. hey ill be checkin all your posts too n gettin answeres!!!!HEHEHE lol :lol:

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm

And this is why people should becareful of asking homework questions on public forums.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:09 pm

by the way, even if it is not a balanced diet, my opion is that you can live off cheese sandwhiches. Milk(and implicitely cheese) contains a great deal of ions and vitamins and all the esential aminoacids. and the bread will provide the glucose
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

zonia30
Garter
Garter

Post by zonia30 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 pm

thanks for that and its not cheating its coursework its just gathering information which u have to do otherwise how ya gonna know!!!! anyway miss wood i will be looking for you now !!!! xxx