"Twenty questions"-biology game

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Post Reply
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)
Contact:

Post by alextemplet » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:13 am

Is it an antibody?
Does it involve blood clotting?
Is it found in the animal's blood?
Does it have to do with resistance to viruses?
Is it seeing anybody? :lol:

Sorry about that last one, I was stumped and needed some comic relief. :P
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 am

alextemplet wrote:Is it an antibody?
Does it involve blood clotting?
Is it found in the animal's blood?
Does it have to do with resistance to viruses?
Is it seeing anybody? :lol:

Sorry about that last one, I was stumped and needed some comic relief. :P

#13 question:
Answer: No. No. Yes. Yes. ?
Comment: I said it is antigen grrr :evil: :lol: I love the last question :lol:
Image

User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)
Contact:

Post by alextemplet » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Is it a protein?
Is it analogous to white blood cells in humans?
Is it an antibody?
Is it a T-cell?
Does it love rock and roll? :P

Please forgive my ignorance; I'm really quite clueless about immunology!
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:58 am

alextemplet wrote:Is it a protein?
Is it analogous to white blood cells in humans?
Is it an antibody?
Is it a T-cell?
Does it love rock and roll? :P

Please forgive my ignorance; I'm really quite clueless about immunology!

#14 question:
Answer: YES. No. NO! NOOO!
Comment:
1. Don't waste your time by repeating previously asked question :P
2. Things that capable to induce immune response is protein 8)
Image

User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Post by February Beetle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Is it found in all Arthropods (or most)?
Is it found in a phyla other than Arthropods?
Is it coagulase?
Is it produced by a bacteria that are in animals?
Is it produced by the animal's themselves?
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

User avatar
Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:53 am
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by Linn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Does it have any thing with a virus?
protein of virus?
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..
Contact:

Post by victor » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Is it Lectin??
is it have an (R) or (L) enantiomer? :lol:
is it Dextrorotatory or Levorotatory? :lol:
is it a rasemic molecule? :lol:
is it a diastereomery one to another?:lol:
do it has C compound?? :lol:

I stick on chemie...:lol: :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)
Contact:

Post by alextemplet » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 am

My nonexistant knowledge of immunology has been exhausted, rendering me completely clueless. :cry:
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:46 am

February Beetle wrote:Is it found in all Arthropods (or most)?
Is it found in a phyla other than Arthropods?
Is it coagulase?
Is it produced by a bacteria that are in animals?
Is it produced by the animal's themselves?

#15 question:
Answer: Yes. No. No. Yes
Comment: phyla = plural, phylum = singular :P
Image

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 am

victor wrote:Is it Lectin??
is it have an (R) or (L) enantiomer? :lol:
is it Dextrorotatory or Levorotatory? :lol:
is it a rasemic molecule? :lol:
is it a diastereomery one to another?:lol:
do it has C compound?? :lol:

I stick on chemie...:lol: :lol:

#16 question:
Answer: No. Aaaargh unfortunately I have no idea on your questions :oops: Sorry :roll: :?
Comment: After I reveal the answer, I want you to check it for me :D :P
Image

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:51 am

alextemplet wrote:My nonexistant knowledge of immunology has been exhausted, rendering me completely clueless. :cry:

Actually this thing does not only belongs to Immunology. It relates to wider fields ;)
Happy guessing :D
Image

User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..
Contact:

Post by victor » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:49 pm

Ok, I'll check it if you provide me with a spectrometre NMR and infrared spectrometre together with their manuals... :lol:
I think you'll deal with those alpha-helix things again...hahahaha :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abulkalamazad017, Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests