Garter
Garter

"New" animals

Post by catfishjim » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:54 pm

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:41 pm

<sarcasm>Sweet, now I can go catch birds of paradise and sell them on the black market.</sarcasm>
I wish there could be at least some places on earth that could be kept pristine, even from scientists. I guess that's not entirely possible though, as global warming and pollution will still effect them even if humans never set foot in them.

February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by February Beetle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:04 pm

AstusAleator wrote:I wish there could be at least some places on earth that could be kept pristine, even from scientists. I guess that's not entirely possible though, as global warming and pollution will still effect them even if humans never set foot in them.

That is true, but I think it is helpful that the scientists went into this place because now they have really good reasons for keeping it protected. There is an Entomological Artist that mounts butterflies form the rainforest and sells them, he says that it helps protect the rainforest because it leaves more economical choices in how to deal with the rainforest by having butterfly farms. (plus i think they die naturally before he takes them [?] )
BUT then again a lot of people who try to help nature end up hurting it. Like, Timothy Treadwell I think his name was, The Grizzly Man. He wanted to protect the grizzly bears but then when one of them ate him the forest service went and killed the bear and got his and his girlfriend's remains out of him. His friends on the documentary said he wouldn't have wanted any bear killed even if it had eaten him. Although, I'm sure he did bring more awareness and information about grizzly bears to people, and 13 years being that close and lasting that long is pretty neat.
BOY did I go off topic. sorry.

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:26 am

I heard about that
the lost world
its so exciting to discover.
What else is yet out there to find!
:D
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:49 am

actually there are privately owned parks that no one is allowed to touch. Because the owners died and made it so. They're all over the world.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger