Leeches

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

User avatar
Amrik
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Amrik » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:30 am

Thx and i have also heard tht to remove them u can also burn them is tht true?. Abt wat Dr.Stein said wait until they r full but wat will happen ig 9 - 10 of them attack u at once if we wait till they r full isnt their is a chance of us dieing due to excessive blood loss??

Also...i have read tht chlorine harms leeches so is it possible we just pour chlorine water on them??
- There Is A Solution For Every Problem We Humans Have

Member of "Truth-Seekers" tribe

User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..
Contact:

Post by victor » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:40 am

Yup, you can burn them..but it has a high risk by resulting a burnmark if you're careless enough..:lol:
Easy my friend, maybe you'll need a pack of blood transfusion after that..:lol:

Chlorine harms leeches? of course it does because chlorine solution is a desinfectant agent...try NaClO3...that's tough enough to kill those leeches..:wink:
Last edited by victor on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

User avatar
Amrik
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Amrik » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:53 am

Victor u r know quiet alot abt leeches hehe. Thx for the answers hehe
- There Is A Solution For Every Problem We Humans Have

Member of "Truth-Seekers" tribe

User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Post by February Beetle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Amrik wrote:Thx and i have also heard tht to remove them u can also burn them is tht true?. Abt wat Dr.Stein said wait until they r full but wat will happen ig 9 - 10 of them attack u at once if we wait till they r full isnt their is a chance of us dieing due to excessive blood loss??

Also...i have read tht chlorine harms leeches so is it possible we just pour chlorine water on them??


I think you would need more than ten leeches to kill you unless..
they were monster leeches the size of your leg! AHHH!
then you would be introuble. I don't know where you would be too get enough leeches to kill you [?]
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

User avatar
Amrik
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Amrik » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:04 pm

February Beetle wrote:
Amrik wrote:Thx and i have also heard tht to remove them u can also burn them is tht true?. Abt wat Dr.Stein said wait until they r full but wat will happen ig 9 - 10 of them attack u at once if we wait till they r full isnt their is a chance of us dieing due to excessive blood loss??

Also...i have read tht chlorine harms leeches so is it possible we just pour chlorine water on them??

I think you would need more than ten leeches to kill you unless..
they were monster leeches the size of your leg! AHHH!
then you would be introuble. I don't know where you would be too get enough leeches to kill you [?]


hehe tht was just a precaution a MAYB!!
- There Is A Solution For Every Problem We Humans Have

Member of "Truth-Seekers" tribe

User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Post by February Beetle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:21 pm

maybe we could test it... :shock: :D
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 am

Amrik wrote:Thx and i have also heard tht to remove them u can also burn them is tht true?. Abt wat Dr.Stein said wait until they r full but wat will happen ig 9 - 10 of them attack u at once if we wait till they r full isnt their is a chance of us dieing due to excessive blood loss??

Also...i have read tht chlorine harms leeches so is it possible we just pour chlorine water on them??

Pray to the Lord you will not be killed by them :lol: Nah, seriously, they will not suck out your blood and kill you after all 8)

February Beetle: Why not? You got the idea, you take the responsibility. You will be our first probandus. Now sign this aggreement :twisted: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Amrik
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Amrik » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:08 am

Hehe Yes Febuary Beetle would be the first guy to try them!!!

User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Post by February Beetle » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:11 pm

first girl :)

just because I like gross things doesn't mean I'm a boy!
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

User avatar
Amrik
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Amrik » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:24 am

February Beetle wrote:first girl :)

just because I like gross things doesn't mean I'm a boy!


Sorry i didn't know u were a girl!!! :)
- There Is A Solution For Every Problem We Humans Have

Member of "Truth-Seekers" tribe

User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Post by Dr.Stein » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:42 am

February Beetle wrote:first girl :)

just because I like gross things doesn't mean I'm a boy!

You're not alone, I like gross things and I'm a lady 8)
Image

User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Post by February Beetle » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:57 pm

That's okay Amrik, and Dr. Stein does that mean you will test them with me?! :lol: haha.

PS; has anyone seen Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? You should watch it, it has killer leeches in it!
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests