PPARs and diabetes

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Iliana
Garter
Garter

PPARs and diabetes

Post by Iliana » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:08 pm

Hallo to everyone!
The lasts months I'm trying to deal with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors or PPARs and their expression in rat hearts.I have many problems to find how they are expressed in Ischemia. But anyway the greatest question is how they are related to diabetes. I have searched for articles in scientific journals but I know that noone has so far worked with it. Nevertheless I have hopes that maybe someone out there knows something about it...
So I would be very greatful to help me!
Thank you.

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 am

If there is no research about it yet, it means that you do the first. Your research would be an innovation. I always want to have one... Try to analyze it by your own idea, you will be the pioneer 8)

I am not so deep into diabetes, I just know the concept. However, if you would like to discuss it here, I would be more than happy, I will learn something new ;)

But please explain about our research, the background, the problem..

Iliana
Garter
Garter

Post by Iliana » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:05 am

Well thank you very much Dr.Stein for your interest!
You see I'm working on this project the last 3 months and Iam an undergraduate student and this is the project I have to do to graduate! Of course I'm not supposed to take results by the end of May, but it would be good for me to come to a conclusion.At the beggining I was trying to find the right protocol to take RNA from rat hearts which had gone under Ischemia or they were controls.Finally I found the appropriate one and then I make Western Blots, cDNA and PCR to learn these procedures and to detect PPARs.At this point I'm still not sure about how much each of the three receptors appears in my samples..You see the agarose gels and the PCR results didn't appear always the same!Each time I get something new or something I haven't get before! And now that I' working on hearts that came to us from Slovakia(my professor cooperates with an institute from there) I can not even take pure RNA which is the very primitive step of my work!Ihave think about something to do so to check whether is my hands fault or the hearts! We will speak again!