aerobic and anaerobic exercise...

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

x_forensics=life_x
Garter
Garter

aerobic and anaerobic exercise...

Post by x_forensics=life_x » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 am

Hello, and thank you in advance.

I have a question for my biology paper, (that is due tomorrow by the way...) If anyone is willing to help me by giving some scientific responses to this following statement from my Bio book, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

*"Aerobic" exercise is activity that stimulates breathing and blood circulation, but does not exceed their ability to deliver oxygen to the muscles. Propose a hypothesis that explains why aerobic exercise is more beneficial than "anaerobic" exercise, which demands more oxygen than the heart and lungs can easily deliver.*

So, I understand everything about anaerobic and aerobic respiration. As well as the process of lactic acids being released (due of lack of oxygen to the blood) when anaerobic exercised is being performed.
I
So, basically what I am asking is, WHY IS AEROBIC EXERCISE MORE BENEFICIAL THAN ANAEROBIC EXERCISE? AND HOW COULD IT BE STATED IN HYPOTHESIS FORM? please? thank you.

~~Sincerely,

Me~~

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:39 am

Well, exercising aerobically increases your bloods capacity to carry oxygen. Why do you think that is?
It also builds tolerance and muscle tone, why do you think that is?
What could possibly be the benefit of having increased blood flow (i.e. oxygen transfer) over longer periods of time?
What does aerobic excercise do that anaerobic doesn't?

Thought you'd get off easy didn't you :)
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"

x_forensics=life_x
Garter
Garter

Thank you

Post by x_forensics=life_x » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:04 am

Thank you very much. Your reply actually DID help me. I am writing the I'm just going back to the beginning of my paper to edit my thesis now. And so, again, thank you. It was highly appreciated. :)

x_forensics=life_x
Garter
Garter

Post by x_forensics=life_x » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:05 am

Oops, I meant to say, "I am writing the thesis...etc..."
So, I basically OWN Launch Parties. I pretty much help coordinate the major Launch Parties here in SoHo, and get paid to do it. Its a wonderful life.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:46 pm

x_forensics=life_x wrote:Oops, I meant to say, "I am writing the thesis...etc..."

For this kind of corrections you can use the edit button. It's just there for that (and to allow mods to correct you ;))
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)