Plants!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Hickory
Garter
Garter

Experiment with Dwarf Bean plants

Post by Hickory » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am really interested in plant biology, and I was so excited when I found out that we are doing this topic at school. I have to come up with an experiment that can be practiced for over 4 weeks (maybe at least 6). The thing is, I would like to do something quite different to "effects of soil, sunlight, coloured light, potting mix, salt" etc on plants. I would really like some suggestions, please.

Thanks a lot

aileen
Garter
Garter

Post by aileen » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:25 am

if you only have limited time.. then you must have plants with same age and almost similar size... basically you can work on its physiology.. example effects of acid rain and its conc on the growth of plant ( you may make use of sulfuric acid) or may be what type of soil it will best grow.. hormonal effects on plnts ( auxin, cytokinin, giberrlin)

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:26 am

What is Dwarf Bean? :?

EDIT:
Aaah I already know it: Phaseolus vulgaris!!! Sorry :oops: :lol: OMG! In Bahasa (Indonesian language) we call it as "kacang buncis" :lol:

Well, the "dwarf" word sounds funny to me ;) It reminds me of this: :lol: :P

Navin
Coral
Coral

Post by Navin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:16 am

Hi Hickory, if you are performing your experiment, do keep us up to date with it. I would really like to know how you go about doing it. Thanks.
Botany is the study of what? Bottoms!

Hickory
Garter
Garter

Post by Hickory » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 am

Thanks guys for the tips!

- acid rain sounds like a great idea, but also quite dangerous for me to perform! I was thinking of doing the effect of smoke on the plants, but I'm not sure. Soil sounds really easy, so I may as well go with that one.

Any suggestions would be really really welcome!