Help on viruses and staining

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

playboy bunny
Garter
Garter

Help on viruses and staining

Post by playboy bunny » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:08 pm

im doing a college assingment and i need to know about if viruses and staing reactions. :D

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Re: Help on viruses and staining

Post by canalon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:19 pm

playboy bunny wrote:im doing a college assingment and i need to know about if viruses and staing reactions. :D

Huh? And in english what would you ay?
If I guess correctly you are interested in staining method to visualize viruses. Well since they can only (but one) be seen with electron microscope, I suggest you research the staining methods suitable for elctron microscopy. Since they depend on the kind of microscope I can't really tell.
You could also have a look at immuno staining.

Good luck for your homework.

And I renamed your topic, read the rules for posting, thanks.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

playboy bunny
Garter
Garter

Post by playboy bunny » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:24 pm

well to be honest i hate science but i have no choice to do it as im training to be a vet nurse and i have to biochem and microbiology which is crap! cheers for that answer. i can do my work now! yippee!!!!!!!!!
make love not war

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:30 pm

You're not going to be much of a vet if you don't take biochem and microbiology lol. You could probably become an animal breeder if you don't like those subjects.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

playboy bunny
Garter
Garter

Post by playboy bunny » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:38 pm

i understand what your saying but those subjects just bore me! i like practical work best. i will get on with it but im not to keen on it.
make love not war

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:39 pm

Weel you need to know it very well, in order to understand it and apply it to your animals. For example, if your animal has a bacterial infection you need to recognise the bacteria and know which antibiotics it is vulnerable to
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

playboy bunny
Garter
Garter

Post by playboy bunny » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:10 pm

MrMistery wrote:Weel you need to know it very well, in order to understand it and apply it to your animals. For example, if your animal has a bacterial infection you need to recognise the bacteria and know which antibiotics it is vulnerable to

i know! i didnt realise there is so much science involved in becoming a vet. but im always up for a challenege and im determind to becoming a vet so i will do what ever it takes. cheers for writing back. x
make love not war