Salmon testis DNA and qPCR

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

stopherlogic
Death Adder
Death Adder

Salmon testis DNA and qPCR

Post by stopherlogic » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:09 pm

I have been trying to get up to speed with this technique and can't get my head around why Salmon testis DNA is added. I have seen quotes such as "this is used to estimate sample loss during DNA recovery and to identify presumptive PCR inhibition". Could someone give me more details of how this works to do this, it would be greatly appreciated. As would any links that explain in greater detail.

Vmedvil
Garter
Garter

Post by Vmedvil » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

Well, PCR is a technique which using a DNA polymerase synthetically makes copies of the DNA. The Salmon Testis DNA is added as the DNA to be made copies of by the DNA polymerase in the method of PCR and at a certain temperature the DNA Polymerase will make copies of the DNA that is within the test tube then at a lower temperature it will remain dormant and not make copes which is the PCR technique.

Salmon Testis DNA is probably a well known DNA structure and by comparing that DNA Structure the known DNA structure of Salmon Testis DNA it can be found the error rate of replication of this DNA by the DNA polymerase. Secondly, the DNA polymerase should replicate the DNA in a certain amount of time based on the time that usually it takes for the DNA polymerase to copy this Salmon Testis DNA from known past times replicated so it can show the rate of replication of the DNA polymerase along with whether or not the DNA was actually copied and how many times it was copied, which is Presumptive PCR Inhibition and DNA Sample Loss.

This is about PCR Inhibitors.
https://www.promega.es/-/media/files/resources/profiles-in-dna/1001/an-introduction-to-pcr-inhibitors.pdf?la=es-es
Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
-26 Dimensional Quadratic Super String Theory