Looking for Answers about a recent ECHO

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

AmandaHaynes15
Garter
Garter

Looking for Answers about a recent ECHO

Post by AmandaHaynes15 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:56 am

I have recently had an ECHO done on my heart and have found myself troubled by what I am reading. I would really like some help to understand this a lot more. The first thing is there are things indicating problems with my heart but my doctor said I am fine and nothing is wrong. Everything I have read thus far says otherwise.

FIRST: The first thing I am troubled by is that there is a Tissue Doppler indicating equivocal left ventricular filling pressure. From my understanding this means questionable amounts of blood filling into the ventricle. Can someone please help me understand what that means about my heart please?

SECOND: Trace tricuspid regurgitation is visualized. I have no clue what this means for me and my heart but am discouraged at what I have read. If someone could help me understand this and if you need anymore information about my test results please ask. I have the entire reading.

THANK YOU!

claudepa
Death Adder
Death Adder

Re: Looking for Answers about a recent ECHO

Post by claudepa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:15 am

I have no competence for heart. May be you are right to be worried, may be your doctor is right not to be. The best would be then to make an other echo with an other doctor. In fact the more new types of examinations are done the more news things about us are discovered that were completly unknown 20 years ago and most of time did not present problems. Some years ago I had a coloscanner for intestine. It was normal but they found with this same scanner heart problems. I went to see a cardiologist who after echo and electrocardiogram told me that my heart was OK.