destiny in our DNA...?

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

bass_lasso9
Garter
Garter

destiny in our DNA...?

Post by bass_lasso9 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:11 am

hi..
I can conclude that our faith and destiny were written in DNA in our chromosomes by GOD.. is it right..? coz from physical until our personality and our talent are shown in DNA..

can we change the structure of DNA..? or can we mutate the DNA..?
If we can.. how..?

and if it can be happened.. can we change the DNA bases structure that show -maybe- something bad in our personality or physic into another bases structure that show something good..? e.g. change from a stupid person into intelligent person by changing the DNA bases structure..

if that happen.. we can make some perfect humans.. (my dream) can I..?

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Re: destiny in our DNA...?

Post by victor » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:29 pm

bass_lasso9 wrote:hi..
I can conclude that our faith and destiny were written in DNA in our chromosomes by GOD.. is it right..? coz from physical until our personality and our talent are shown in DNA..

Nope..DNA only gives you a starting point..about your personality, some of them is determined by your own action and the environment. So, if something bad happen to your personality and behaviour, don't always blame your DNA... :lol: (I'm such a pro-DNA person don't I??)

bass_lasso9 wrote:can we change the structure of DNA..? or can we mutate the DNA..?
If we can.. how..?..?

Yes, you can change it...by mispairing the bases, it already given you a mutant DNA...you wanna know the way?? just use a nucleic acid transfection 'gun'. For more information, ask my friend named Genetic Engineering.. :wink:

bass_lasso9 wrote:and if it can be happened.. can we change the DNA bases structure that show -maybe- something bad in our personality or physic into another bases structure that show something good..? e.g. change from a stupid person into intelligent person by changing the DNA bases structure....?

Of course you can...but the problem is, the HGP (Human Genome Project) have discovered that about 25000 till 40000 genes which are in charge to code proteins...how about something else beside protein?? be a molecular biologist bass_lasso and if you're patient enough, you'll find it.. :wink:

bass_lasso9 wrote:if that happen.. we can make some perfect humans.. (my dream) can I..?

science begins from people's dream....who knows that your dream could be come true...beside, what is the definition of the word 'perfect' according to you? :D

Regards,
Victor, Eathybus anythingus
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:13 pm

Too lazy to read.. I'm sure victor answered the questions fine
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:38 am

I am not lazy, I just rely everything to Victor this time :lol:

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Dr.Stein wrote:I am not lazy, I just rely everything to Victor this time :lol:

That's the same...relying something to someone while she/he herself/himself is sitting and drinking coffee... :lol:
GO..GO..DNA!!!

bass_lasso9
Garter
Garter

asking victor...

Post by bass_lasso9 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:29 am

victor..
r u from Yogyakarta Indonesia..? in college or ur a lecture..? in UGM..?
i'm from Surabaya...

i wanna ask u..
yeah it's not just becoz of our DNA.. it's also bcoz of the environment that affect us.. i think eventhough the environment can change our personality, we still have our original personality that's shown by the DNA.. rite..? so environment doesn't have the most important role in changing our personality.. the DNA factor is still determine our personality... (is it rite..?)

and would u like to explain me more about the nucleic acid transfection 'gun'..? please..?

yeah.. i plan to continue my study in faculty of biology in UGM, Jogja..
and where do u live..? i have a lot of families live there..

waiting for ur answers... thx a lot..!!! :)

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:45 am

bass_lasso9 wrote:victor..
r u from Yogyakarta Indonesia..? in college or ur a lecture..? in UGM..?
i'm from Surabaya...

haha..one more people from my "beloved" country..I am a first semester student in Biology-UGM-Yogikarta. I'm still 17 years old..

bass_lasso9 wrote:i wanna ask u..
yeah it's not just becoz of our DNA.. it's also bcoz of the environment that affect us.. i think eventhough the environment can change our personality, we still have our original personality that's shown by the DNA.. rite..? so environment doesn't have the most important role in changing our personality.. the DNA factor is still determine our personality... (is it rite..?):)

Hm, lets talk like this...personality comes from something created by our brain and we can assume that brain is an association of neurons which are (in the very beginning) determined by your gene (in this stage you're right).
But the carried personality ends till that stage (unless you keep developing it or high level mutations occur on you), the rest is you determine it by yourself and indirectly the environment surround you also take part in forming such personality..

bass_lasso9 wrote:and would u like to explain me more about the nucleic acid transfection 'gun'..? please..?:)

Oh, that's a just like a conventional shotgun (of course small in size) used to injecting nucleic acid (usually desired gene) into the host cell

bass_lasso9 wrote:yeah.. i plan to continue my study in faculty of biology in UGM, Jogja..
and where do u live..? i have a lot of families live there..:)

waiting for ur answers... thx a lot..!!! :)

Where I live? I live inside Petri dishes in microbiology lab at biology faculty.. :lol:

Nite
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Nite » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:10 pm

victor wrote:[I live inside Petri dishes in microbiology lab at biology faculty.. :lol:

victor.. dat's ehm..... :lol:

i think bass has got some point when he/she said that the gene could have more influenced on some of the mental associated traits (or 'personality').. Example: schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
If i remember correctly, in my lecture notes, it was something to do with the twin studies..

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:29 pm

That's why I wrote "unless......"
Um I think I have to use passive personality and active personality then...

bass_lasso9
Garter
Garter

asking victor again..

Post by bass_lasso9 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:17 pm

how's UGM..? is it nice..?
where was ur high school..? in jogja too...?
what subject have u learnt n will u learn there in 1st smstr and 2nd smstr..?
u apply by UM or SPMB..? how bout the facilities there..?
do u like molecular biology too.? how bout the lecturer..? are they nice..?
n how many the biology's passing grade in UGM..?

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Um, I think for this cit-chat..I'll answer it in PM because it's offtopic here..

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:25 am

victor wrote:Where I live? I live inside Petri dishes in microbiology lab at biology faculty.. :lol:

Just a line to end this chit-chat..
I live in one of ninety-six wells of ELISA plate :lol: