Pheromone vs sleepy

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Pheromone vs sleepy

Post by victor » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi, first of all I wanna introduce myself here..my name is Victor from Indonesia.. :lol:
I wanna ask about my problem:
If you sleep at the bed, you must've placed some of your pheromone in your bed..as you know that we can smell our own pheromone if we sniff our own bed (of course with sweat also)..Sometimes after wake from sleep, I take a book, put it on my bed (I sit on the floor) and start to read it...( means that I can smell my own pheromone too).
Within 15 minutes from staying awake, reading and smelling my own pheromone...I start to feel sleepy again till I decided to take more sleep...it happens everytime I read and it really annoying...
is it true that pheromone's effect can cause sleepy feeling? or it's just my feeling?
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:30 pm

Well, my name is Andrew from Romania.
I don't know the answer but i suggest you do the same thing in another room, on another bed. If you feel sleepy that's that. If you don't:
a) you are right
b) self-suggestion
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:19 am

Hello, my name is Fitria. I come from Yogyakarta, Indonesia. I am a neighbor of Victor :P

IMO, it doesn't have a connection between pheromone and sleepy. When you feel tired, or when you decided to sleep, or when your body need rest before you realize it, or when your brain needs more oxygen, you will feel sleepy. By the presence of pheromone or not, sleepy comes suddenly when you are in the condition I mentioned above. You know something called as nerve-language? The feeling of sleepy is one example of it. Maybe by smelling or sniffing your body scent that left on your thingy like bed, book, clothes, or something else subconsciously trigger your brain to recall your last bedtime so your nerve-language starts to process it to get sleepy. Aww I think I am not explaining it well. I hope you understand, and I also hope this explanation makes sense and correct :)

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:15 pm

It's me again, Victor from "Yogikarta"..(I remember who ever wrote that before..:lol:)

Oh, if like that, then my brain needs O2 molecules measured for more than 15 hours...that's terrible..I've tested in another room (my friend's room) but I don't have that feeling..
Yeah, I think that my neighbor's word can be true..

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:31 am

Well, so if you want to read or study just go to your friend's room, and when you decided to go bed just come back to your own room :)

Btw, it's me again: Name: Fitria, From: Yogyakarta, Indonesia, Zip code: 55284 :lol:

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:27 pm

Victor, Yogikarta
Nah, my room is the best place for reading (my friends also said like that..:lol:) and besides, you know that I'm a lazy person who don't like cycling to far places bringing thick books..:mrgreen:

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Fitria, Yogyakarta.

The best place for reading? :shock: But you will start to get sleepy after 15 minutes and you still say it is the best thing? :? Aww :lol:

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:51 pm

Victor, stop making fun of my spelling please, or else .. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 am

Andrew: Jajaja, ban him, kick him, hit him, kill him, eat him mwahahahaaa :twisted: :lol:

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Name : Victor
Scientific name : Eathybus anythingus

Err...I think that this kind of syndrome is related with many factors..I'll let you know after my further research..:lol:

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:11 am

Good, don't forget to write it down in your log book. I will check it later :lol:

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:09 pm

My friend also get the impact...last time when he (of course he) came to my room and read some books there within 10 minutes and he started to fell sleepy also...:shock:
so?
written by: Victor (Eathybus anythingus)