LIFE

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

CoolJay221
Death Adder
Death Adder

LIFE

Post by CoolJay221 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:50 pm

Is it true that all life came from a single and the same ancester
ANY GIRLS WANT TO TALK?
PM me to find out my personal!

Also My site!!!!!
http://napoleon.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=napoleon

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:40 pm

According to evolution, yes
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

chicoguardian
Coral
Coral

Post by chicoguardian » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:51 pm

I don't think we came from just one cell alone on earth, maybe spanning across the end of time that we started as one cell and split into many, but with earth, we came from many cells
Life is not of comedy but tragedy, life lives and then dies in sorrow

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Re: LIFE

Post by victor » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:37 pm

CoolJay221 wrote:Is it true that all life came from a single and the same ancester

according to me, yes...singularity.
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

trunild
Garter
Garter

Post by trunild » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:12 pm

I think yes!
But our memory is not that strong? :P

cool A-level student
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by cool A-level student » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:12 pm

apparently all humans originally evolved in africa too, intrestin huh?
cos thats were our closest buddies are
only 2.4% genetic difference between us and chimps!!!
and yes we all evolved from a kind of prokaryotic cell in which had a single strand of circlular DNA
we've come along way since then :)
now where the good old eurkaryotic cells with fully defined organelles with there only membranes rather than the mess that are bacteria with everything all mixed together!

Mjhavok
Coral
Coral

Post by Mjhavok » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:04 pm

We came from self replicating molecules that eventually evolved into the simplest cells. As for if its just 1 cell or 2 slightly different very simple cells. We just don't know 100%.
Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature!

playboy bunny
Garter
Garter

Post by playboy bunny » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:16 pm

you have all got it wrong! our parents had sex and that is how we evolved. who needs all the technico stuff!
make love not war

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:53 pm

If conditions were just right to form the initial self replicating ribozyme-ish molecules and their accomanying lipid vessicles, I think that the possibility of simultaneous formation of many of these proto-cells is more probable than the formation of only one and that one surviving long enough to produce an entire evolutionary lineage. The initial presence of many proto-cells would increase the chance of survival. The evolution of sexual reproduction, or at least evolution of mechanisms for injecting and splicing genetic materials, would further increase the chances of survival by having a larger base genome. There's my hypothesis.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:02 am

geneticaly we are from one common ancestor.
And they were not apes.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

AstusAleator
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by AstusAleator » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:12 pm

No one is going to argue against my multiple ancestral proto-cell hypothesis?

Linn, when you're talking about a single ancestor are you talking about the ancestor of homonids? Or of all life?
If you're going to talk about ancestors of individual clades or phylogenetic trees, then there have been cases multiple organisms forming new phylogenetic trees. Take hybridization and endosymbiosis for example.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:52 am

AstusAleator wrote:If conditions were just right to form the initial self replicating ribozyme-ish molecules and their accomanying lipid vessicles, I think that the possibility of simultaneous formation of many of these proto-cells is more probable than the formation of only one and that one surviving long enough to produce an entire evolutionary lineage. The initial presence of many proto-cells would increase the chance of survival. The evolution of sexual reproduction, or at least evolution of mechanisms for injecting and splicing genetic materials, would further increase the chances of survival by having a larger base genome. There's my hypothesis.

how would the conditions be just right?
PS:
thanx for the clarification
all life began each according to their kind as stated in creationism.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver