Genesis

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

fathom

Genesis

Post by fathom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 am

The adults of a hypothetical turtle species are known to mate randomly in mid-sea. The adult females then go to beaches all over Southeast Asia to lay their eggs. However, it is observed that these adult females are much more likely to return to the beach where they were born to lay their eggs, than go to a new beach. a) Someone has hypothesized that differences in the choice of nesting sites arise from differences in chromosomal genes. Design an experiment to test this hypothesis. What results will falsify this hypothesis? b) What would be the consequences of this behaviour on the ecology and the genetic composition of this turtle species? *

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:00 pm

So? Your attempt to answer?
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

JohnLambdin

Re: Genesis

Post by JohnLambdin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 am

In any explosion - or any event for that matter - the laws of the physical universe tell us that there must exist the elements to produce that event. In other words, every event - and every thing in the physical universe - has a source. This we have learned by scientific observation and many decades of research.

joemasters
Garter
Garter

Re: Genesis

Post by joemasters » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:39 am

JohnLambdin wrote:In any explosion - or any event for that matter - the laws of the physical universe tell us that there must exist the elements to produce that event. In other words, every event - and every thing in the physical universe - has a source. This we have learned by scientific observation and many decades of research.

I never heard it put quit like this but I like it! I am going to actually save this quote by you. I feel like people always try to look for answers to everything when we have already been given the answer and we are too foolish to see it.