Last person to reply wins.

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

surya
Coral
Coral

Post by surya » Wed May 31, 2006 1:44 pm

trucks??i like victory!!! :D

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 pm

alextemplet wrote:The victory shall go to whoever buys Alex a truck.

a truck? well whoever wants too win has got to buy me a corvette!! but mercedez convertibles are pretty cool too!!! :wink: :lol:
d nyt is darkest just before the dawn

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:23 am

I wouldn't mind a Corvette either, but practicality has to come first. If a person can only have one vehicle, nothing beats a truck. Every man should own at least one truck, because a truck can do things that other vehicles just can't.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:35 am

Speaking of fast cars, today I was able to talk my manager into letting me test drive a G6 convertible. I got it up to 120mph . . . with the top down . . . in 3rd gear . . . and still 1000rpm shy of redline . . . and with the smaller 3.5L engine! :shock: I could've easily gone faster but I didn't want to do anything too crazy in the dealership's car! With the top up, in top gear, letting the engine rev all the way, it would've done at least 140 easily, which is what the speedo goes up to. And that's with the small engine, imagine what that 3.9 will do! :P And next year Pontiac's bringing out an even more powerful engine than the current top dog . . . I can hardly wait! :P
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

surya
Coral
Coral

Post by surya » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:04 pm

i luv jaguars.but i thought this was an "I Win" thread :lol:

-surya

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:10 pm

alextemplet wrote: because a truck can do things that other vehicles just can't.

Like going only 12 miles a gallon of gasoline? Why not have a small car and rent a truck when you need it, which, in what I can see from people around me is not very often. The saving on gas will cover the price of the rental. And you can rent a truck bigger than you can afford to buy, and it will always stay new and well maintained...

And ...ah... it will be better for everyone :-)
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:00 am

The only truck I know of that gets 12mpg is the Dodge Ram SRT10; even GM's 454 does better than that. And if I was going to rent a truck every time I need one, I'd be renting a truck every week. A truck can haul my telescope (which won't fit in the trunk of a car), pull a boat (which I intend to buy soon), go offroad (for hunting, shooting, fishing, etc.), and is much, much safer than a small car (which are basically motorized coffins). A truck will last ten times as long, is ten times as durable, ten times safer, I could go on and on and on. Ever wonder why you don't see too many older small cars on the road, but plenty of old trucks? That says a lot about their durability and reliability.

A small car is a complete waste of money; that money would be much better be spent on the gas to power a truck, which I will be buying in about a week. I'm buying a 94 Chevy extended cab with a 350 V8. It's in near-perfect shape and I'm getting it for half of book value, which is only possible because I work at a dealership.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:31 am

surya wrote:i luv jaguars.but i thought this was an "I Win" thread :lol:

-surya

it is, but we just made it more intersting!! :lol:

cracked_doc
Coral
Coral

Post by cracked_doc » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:59 pm

i should have given my decision to join this forum a second thought..... i mean.... liking biology and stuff is a different thing.. but u knw wat, gyzz... stick to one line of thought.... and keep in mind that... NERDOZ CANNOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR AND THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ALL OF U GYZ WALK AROUND WID A BIG L ON UR FOREHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
btw i won... :roll:

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Well I'm Cajun French, so that means I walk around with a big "P" on my forehead.

And I'm darn proud of it.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:11 pm

Oh and I almost forgot, I win.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:01 pm

cracked_doc wrote:i should have given my decision to join this forum a second thought..... i mean.... liking biology and stuff is a different thing.. but u knw wat, gyzz... stick to one line of thought.... and keep in mind that... NERDOZ CANNOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR AND THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL LIKE ALL OF U GYZ WALK AROUND WID A BIG L ON UR FOREHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
btw i won... :roll:

dude just cuz wer in dis site doesnt mean wer "NERDOZ"! we just wanna help out ppl with trouble and learn some new stuff our selves.
and about "NERDOZ" not having a sense of humour, have u ever hung out with a bunch of "NERDOZ"? wat is a nerd anyway?!