Extract water from milk

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

hurly
Coral
Coral

Extract water from milk

Post by hurly » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:11 pm

I'm just curious, if I remove the water from milk, what do I get? Milkpowder? Also, how do they do this in the industry when removing the water from f.ex orange juice? Do they heat up the juice so that the water vaporizes or something? :shock:

Jessieh04
Garter
Garter

Post by Jessieh04 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:18 am

lol good question.

wouldnt you just get left with the milk's protein, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and whatever fat was in it?

I know that sweetened condensed milkis what results from the evaporation of half the water and the addition of sugar.

so...you'd probably just get evaporated milk. the kind you can store for a long time;)

I have no idea about the orange juice
Nothing lasts forever...so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, take chances & never have regrets because at one point what you did was what you wanted.

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:43 am

I don't think industries use the real orange juice as their product (in powder "orange juice"). They mix all chemie thing and adding a little bit synthetic orange flavor agent (I think it's called Octyl acetate) to produce orange-like flavor...
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.