can plant get cancer from smoking tobacco?

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Ayumito
Garter
Garter

can plant get cancer from smoking tobacco?

Post by Ayumito » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:21 am

Uhm i never seen or heard of plant tat has cancer before, esp not from tobacco smoke. However, lots of research shown tat there r bunches of toxic chemical in a cigarrette, so izzat possible for a plant to have cancer if it is exposed under smoke tobacco smoke? (Some of the project i 've heard of said tat the plant actually will grow much better, so wat happened to all the toxic chemicals?). Can anyone give me a clue? Thx.

Ayumito
Garter
Garter

Post by Ayumito » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 am

Alrite ppl, so..anyone knows any websites/ books/ articles tat talk about .. plant cancer and generous enof to tell me? ( i 've never heard of this myself, but ppl are saying "yes there is")

Terry K.
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Terry K. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:47 pm

I believe it might have something to do with the nitrogen and carbon contained within the smoke that is breathed out. As you know, nitrogen enhances the growth of plants, which is why it is a main ingredient in plant fertilizer. This would explain the enhanced growth of the plant. So, those are my thoughts, make of it what you will.
Saying that any two humans are exactly alike is like saying republicans have morals

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:48 pm

ayumito, please write more clearly. you might get more responses.

@terry, would the plant be able to absorb nitrogen from the smoke?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr