How to memorize the metabolisme cycles easy?

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

hurly
Coral
Coral

How to memorize the metabolisme cycles easy?

Post by hurly » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:52 pm

I'm having troubles learning all the steps and enzymes involved in the glycolysis, Krebs cycle, Calvin cycle etc

What do you guys do besides memorizing them? Any easy figures of them availble...?

Erised
Garter
Garter

Post by Erised » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:59 pm

Well I actually memorized it. All you actually have to do is understand the process. Then memorization comes easy. I've had really big problems with it when I just tried to memorize it because I couldn't undertand it. But after a week I finally got it and can remember everything almost word by word from my textbook :shock:

edit:
Actually, I have one tip: When I memorized it, I just could not remember order in which the steps occur. And I couldn't start summarizing the step at all. So what I did is memorized a key word for every step. This is easy - just route memorization. After I memorized them, it was easy to put things like glycolysis and the krebs cycle in order, and rememer what each step was about.

hurly
Coral
Coral

Post by hurly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:38 am

Hmmm... interesting...

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:25 pm

If me....I have to look on the structure of the molecule. If any enzyme is working (by adding, changing or reducing) I can see the changes in the molecule structure and from there I can determine the name..... :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

cool A-level student
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by cool A-level student » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:34 pm

u forget about 80% of what u learn each day unless u revise, not straight away or all at once, but it'll help you remember

o and remember the human memory is perfect the problem is when you try to recall the memory, if you find a way to recall your old thoughts on something say a keyword as mentioned earlier you may find it easier to remember this stuff