Cell Division

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

scienceguy101
Garter
Garter

Cell Division

Post by scienceguy101 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:15 pm

Hi, im not very smart and I need some help with my bio home work,
I need help on the understanding for these 5 things in the cell division process centromere, chromatin chromatid chromosome centrioles...
please respond as soon as possible or my teacher gonna kill me if I dun have this done. thanks

scienceguy101
Garter
Garter

Post by scienceguy101 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:16 pm

BTW i would like some pictures to show the structures... thanks!
"I would like the whole world and you?" "I WANNA GET THE HELL OUTA HERE" "Ooh Im sorry that isnt on the menu the only thing we have is and extremely slow painful death" "AHHHH" "Now eat frozen carbonite" ~stewie griffin... family guy

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:42 am

Have you tried google?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Morris
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Morris » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Here you can see a choromosome, that is composed by DNA and has a particular structure: here tehre is a duplicated chromosome, a single one has only one chromatide that is as you can see in the picture is the entire arm of a chromosome. Chromatin is the material of which is composed the chromosome, DNA enveoped around proteins called histons; centromer is the part of chromosome where two chromatid attack, where occur chromosome division and where splindle attack durig cell division; it separates long arm from short arm.
Centrioles are the part of a centrosome that is very important because it generates the mitotic splinde very important for cell division.

scienceguy101
Garter
Garter

Post by scienceguy101 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:40 pm

thanks guys =) and google websites dont give enough info and no pictures....
"I would like the whole world and you?" "I WANNA GET THE HELL OUTA HERE" "Ooh Im sorry that isnt on the menu the only thing we have is and extremely slow painful death" "AHHHH" "Now eat frozen carbonite" ~stewie griffin... family guy