are these true??

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

cheer4life90
Garter
Garter

are these true??

Post by cheer4life90 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:54 am

we have the test on tuesday and our teacher didn't explain anything... can you tell me if the following are true or not and please explain why

1.) Simple sugars, fatty acids, and glycerol that remain after a cell's biosynthetic and storage needs have been met are generally sent to the cell's repiratory pathways for energy extraction.
2.) Carbon dioxide and water, the products of aerobic respiration, generally get into the blood and are carried to gills or lungs, kidneys, and skin, where they are expelled from the animal's body.
3.) The first forms of life on Earth were most probably photosynthetic eukaryotes

Navin
Coral
Coral

Post by Navin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:44 am

For answer to qn 2 pls refer here: about2856.html&highlight=carbonic+acid
Botany is the study of what? Bottoms!

GreenDog
Coral
Coral

Post by GreenDog » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:19 am

3. Somehow I don't think so.
"When In Danger Or In Doubt Run In Circles Scream And Shout"
Lawrence J. Peter

baikuza
Coral
Coral

Post by baikuza » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:21 am

because simple sugars, fatty acids, and glycerol are used to decomposed to get the energy within it so that can keep the body alive.
but the most is simple sugar/glucose.

no.2 i think it was answered by navin, so i do not answers it.

he/she-your teacher-said probably.
the right is organism which is look like virus, because virus is the most tiny organism. but according to the question, maybe u should answer because eucaryotic which an do photosynthesis may make this earth full of oxygen. so that other aerobic organism can 'rises' and alive in here. and because the most effective metabolism, as i know, is aerobic metabolism not anaerobic metabolism. and to make this condition it must be photosynthetic organism on the earth. eucaryotic? why? because no bacteria / organism which clasify to monera has chloroplast, the organelle which has plastid. (organism with chloroplast can do photosynthesis, as i know)

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:34 am

@Baikuza
Hm...you have to remember that primitive earth contains a very little amount of oxygen (from erupting volcanoes) so, how can eukaryotic organisms are the first organisms which live in the earth?? and also you have to remember the theory of evolution, simplyfied--from primitive to the modern one.

@cheer4life90
Try to look at your Bio book about Lynn Margulis' (I hope I wrote it correctly) theory of endosymbiotic then you'll know who come first, prokaryon or eukaryon..
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

baikuza
Coral
Coral

Post by baikuza » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:50 pm

did you read my text up there? i said that "the right is organism which is look like virus"

-.-

SoLoMoN
Garter
Garter

Post by SoLoMoN » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:20 am

yea, no.3 wasnt right, becos the first form of life was sumthing else!!