SAT chromosome

Genetics as it applies to evolution, molecular biology, and medical aspects.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

x-treme
Garter
Garter

SAT chromosome

Post by x-treme » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:51 am

tell me more about
1.SAT chromosome
2.ethenopharmocology

lara
Coral
Coral

SAT chromosome

Post by lara » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 am

Ethnopharmacology is the cross-cultural study of how people derive medicines from plants, animals, fungi, or other naturally occurring resources. Up to now, the field has focused mostly on developing drugs based on the medicinal use of plants by indigenous people. some drug companies have teamed up with botanists, anthropologists, biochemists, conservation organizations, and governments of less-developed countries to protect biologically diverse areas and search for new drugs. This has led to accusations of "bio-piracy," in which, it is argued, western interests loot indigenous knowledge for fame and/or profit. .

The AIDS virus, the crisis of bacterial resistance to antibiotics, and other recent developments have increased the value of indigenous medicinal plant knowledge, which may hold clues for solving these deadly problems. Indigenous medicinal plant knowledge is also critical because synthetic chemical processes have proved inadequate for dealing with the rapid evolution of pathogens.
In addition, plant species are disappearing, and many indigenous people have stopped transmitting traditional medicinal knowledge to their children.

siya
Garter
Garter

Post by siya » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:13 am

hi,
SAT chromosomes are ones which have a secondrary constriction.the secondrary constriction are known as SATELLITE.

scienceguy101
Garter
Garter

Post by scienceguy101 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:31 pm

whats the difference of sat chromosomes and plain chromosomes?
"I would like the whole world and you?" "I WANNA GET THE HELL OUTA HERE" "Ooh Im sorry that isnt on the menu the only thing we have is and extremely slow painful death" "AHHHH" "Now eat frozen carbonite" ~stewie griffin... family guy