Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:37 pm

Navin thankyou so much
:oops: :oops: :oops:

But I think I did try that before, AOL doesnt allow it .
file has to be
from photo bucket I guess.

Ok Iwill send a pic of my "babys,
later,
Lynne
Last edited by Linn on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 pm

OK here go's......
this is the Bud Man!
Attachments
buddy at littleville lake 05.jpg
this is Buddy AKA the man
he is 15 years old. this is him with his summer shave, otherwise he has a LOT of fur
buddy at littleville lake 05.jpg (59.34 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:13 pm

And this is my Koi

the dark orange one is beauty:
Attachments
nloJzAusaV0MsdkQMcBJCxWyHPAryS5X0300.jpg
They eat from our hands
(58.69 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:20 pm

This is Rosie (named by my granddaughter)
Attachments
turtle.jpg
This turtle snuck in to the pond and decided to make it home
(117.69 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Last edited by Linn on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:40 am

We named my cat Chunk because, when he was born, he was much fatter than the other kittens. He became quite the fat cat, totally bullying the other cats and even challenging human authority to become the "alpha male" of the house. He was also extremely intelligent. If the other cats were fighting, he'd always break it up if it looked like one of them was getting hurt. He would sit at the entrance to the kitchen and make sure none of the other cats disturbed me while I cooked. I always cooked a little extra meat for the cats and he must've figured out that he had to wait until I was done, and the other cats' impatience was only slowing me down! He also had an annoying habit of waking me up exactly five minutes before my alarm, no matter what time it was set for. And he would slap people, sometimes to get what he wanted and sometimes just for fun. He loved to play with my fiance's hair and he loved playing in boxes. God, I miss that cat!

Sadly, our landlord does not allow pets. That's why we had to give him away. But we gave him to someone who we know for a fact takes care of his pets, so I am at least glad to know he's in a good and happy home.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Inuyasha
Coral
Coral

Post by Inuyasha » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:48 am

aww cute. Animal stories are always interesting and overly cute.
Ty Guo
pronounced tiger

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:36 pm

Chunk is a cool kitty 8)
I laughed about the slapping people part :lol:

My moms cat used to do that
and when one of my kids was little, she slaped her.
My daughter started crying and said " missy spanked me" :cry:

That cat used to pee on the pot too. :lol:

Squawkbox
Coral
Coral

Post by Squawkbox » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:26 pm

The first time we let my little cat out of the house when she was a kitten she stood in the middle of the road and a car was coming along so my older cat ran out into the road and cuffed her round the head and pused her to the side, it was so cute, the driver was laughing at him! :D Also he used to stick up for her when she was a kitten and getting bullied by another cat, he realy cares about her but they always fight inside the house :(
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:52 pm

that is so cute! :) risked her life too.
I think there is so much that we do not know about animal thinking process. I think cabable of more than is currently thought.
I remember reading a story in the readers digest about how deer dicipline there fawns by withholding affection.
And sometimes animals behave better than people.

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:29 pm

Chunk's favorite phrase was, "Is Chunk gonna have to smack a (explicative term for a female dog)?"

We also rather irreverently changed the phrase, "The power of Christ compels you!" to "The power of Chunk compels you!"

I think Chunk's greatest ambition in life was to take over the world and have everyone worship him like they did in ancient Egypt. I regret ever giving that cat a history book.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:27 am

too funny :lol:
Alex :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a winter picture of bud
if any one wants to see it.
I just took it the other day.
but i dont want to be a forum hog. :oops:

i_r_e_d
Coral
Coral

Post by i_r_e_d » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:44 am

I love dogs... Just not mine... A chihuahua, minerature picscher, and a matlese... My step-mom spoils them and they take a fancy in marking their territory on my bed and pillow... Not my favorite pastime...

-Danny