sensory physiology

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

tsq_uare
Garter
Garter

sensory physiology

Post by tsq_uare » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:38 pm

explain the physiological mechanisms that enable us to distinguish by touch alone between a pin prick and the pressure of the blunt end of a pencil being pressed firmly onto the back of the hand

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Re: sensory physiology

Post by canalon » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:54 pm

tsq_uare wrote:explain the physiological mechanisms that enable us to distinguish by touch alone between a pin prick and the pressure of the blunt end of a pencil being pressed firmly onto the back of the hand

Well, you are supposed to do this, not us. We do not make your homework for you. Get some research done, we may help if there are things that you do not understand, but do not expect other people to work for you.

Patrick

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:45 am

Hey...you're great sir Patrick... :lol: how can you differ between homework and non-homework? I almost nearly answer in if you didn't mention that it was HW question... :D
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:16 pm

victor wrote:Hey...you're great sir Patrick... :lol: how can you differ between homework and non-homework? I almost nearly answer in if you didn't mention that it was HW question... :D

Just read how the question is written. Please would not have hurt either... :evil:

And if you really want to give me a title, Dr would be more appropriate than sir, I do not belong to english nobility :wink: But it is really not mandatory

Patrick

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:11 pm

I call you 'sir' is because you're much older than me...I have to show a respect to you as the senior in Bio... :lol:
Okay, next time I'll call you Dr.Patrick...sir... :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:35 pm

It's common in patriacal socicieties patrick, japanese use the -san attachment for elders and the -chan attachment for minors. i'm sure french language uses a formal "you" and an informal "you".
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:08 pm

We have different words for the two 'you' s. I don't really like them, because I sometimes cannot be sure which one to call. ;)
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Indeed French has 2 different form of you... But living in labs were being informal is the rule rather than in expression, I am getting less and less used to use word to show my respect (even if I agree I do use other ways to do that, less obvious, but as significant for people who share the same habits..)
No offense intended Victor, I was just surprised.

I wuill not react anymore to the "Sir Patrick", and please forget the Dr, I have never been able to get used to it. I still can't help laughing when receive mail or anything with this name :D

But I will stop on this subject, we start drifting more than a little off Topic

Patrick