Chemicl Interaction in the body during execise

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

beyonder
Garter
Garter

Chemicl Interaction in the body during execise

Post by beyonder » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:50 pm

Hello, I am looking for complete process of biological chemical interaction in the body during execise. I am also looking for any maps of brain switches. Any replys will be greatful.

Thanks,
B.

Chris4
Coral
Coral

Post by Chris4 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:36 pm

Does anyone know that? Surely the complete interactions of chemicals in the body at any one time is huge.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:45 pm

During exercise your methabolism speeds up, the secretion of thyroid hormones and epinephrine is increased, the rate of cellular respiration speeds up, the result is a need of extra oxygen. This is done by the influence of epinephrine and norepinephrine on the circulatory system: heart rate rises to almost double it's usual value, the spleenis contracted and releases extra red blood cells. As a result of the intense cellular processes, the temperature of the body increases and sweat glands start to kick in.
Ana many more, and many more things.
Analising everything that happens in the human body at this time from a chemical point of view: every hormone, every enzyme, every neurotransmitter and all cellular processes will fill a good sized library, as Kyle said once. Actually i have a book that is called "Human functional anatomy and physiology". I got it for 50 cents at a college library :D
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

beyonder
Garter
Garter

I am sorry I will be more specific.

Post by beyonder » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:27 pm

What I am really curious about is when the brain decides to utilize fat cells to release their contents for energy, the point after carbs are burned up. The brain must either "flip a switch" and send a signal throughout the body or some enzyme or catalyst is activated/released to signal the body to start burning fat.

Which thyroid hormones are used? T3 and T2?

Also, does sweating induce burning more calories?

Finally, Can someone point me to a complete medical almanac or book or software that has "How the body functions"?

Thanks for responses!

B.
It is time for the human race to grow-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freeadvancement/

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:49 pm

The brain decides to use fat cells to make energy by sending an impulse to the medulloadrenal gland, and releasing adrenaline. Cortizol is also used... And thyroid hormones(Both T3 and T4, there is no such thing as T2)
Sweating consumes energy, like most processes. But the energy consumed is neglijable
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:27 am

MrMistery wrote:(Both T3 and T4, there is no such thing as T2)

There is.....it's a different strain of T4 (Phage)... :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:52 pm

Lol, actually i think the T phages are from T1-T7. Just from old genetics classes, you probably know better since you are the site's top virologist :D