30 days?

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

biobabe
Garter
Garter

30 days?

Post by biobabe » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:33 am

I am studying on how long certain medications actually stay in your system when conducting urinalysis only. I am curious to know if anyone has experienced a positive test result for Flexeril if the does was say, only 30 mg in 30 days. Since Flexeril isnt really listed under anything other than a muscle relaxant, would I have to test for that specifically?

I'm new at this.

thanks

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Sorry, we don't have anything like this on the forum, but we do have someone that has got a false positive for heroin recently :D viewtopic.php?t=1979
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

DJ
Garter
Garter

Post by DJ » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:55 am

Is this for a drug screen for a new job or something? If it is, you shouldn't have to worry about screens because I don't think flexeril is a narcotic or controlled. Plus, if it's just a screen, they are cheap and prone to large amounts of error. If it's a true test using cross indexing which is more expensive, then there's a chance it will be picked up but that's doubtful too.

Hope that helps your "study" :wink: