Introduction for members

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

JordanNWMSU
Garter
Garter

Post by JordanNWMSU » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:05 pm

Hey nice site.

I am currently a student at Northwest Missouri State Univerity. I am 21 years old. I am in the pre-med program with emphasis on Biology of course, and will be needing some assistant in certain fields. I really like what this site offers to people interested in Science and who find it fun and interesting to expand their knowledge in this area. Hope to see you all around more!

-Jordan

hybrid
Garter
Garter

Post by hybrid » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:44 pm

Hello. Im Dennis im currently a sophmore at the university of illinois urbana champaign. Im a chemistry major in organic chem :/ which sucks. Hopefully p-chem will be more to my liking. I was referred to this by Jordan (see above) seems pretty cool a little out of my forte but i did see a gas law question :D!

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:50 pm

Hello!!
Jordan and :) Dennis
Lynne
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:49 am

_at_ dennis
if u dont like organic chemistry then why is it ur major?
and i agree with u! it does suck!! :wink:
d nyt is darkest just before the dawn

hybrid
Garter
Garter

Post by hybrid » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Beucase i like physical and quantum chemistry. Im only taking organic because it is required. There is a lower level organic class available but im required to take the two longer ones.

AlyHawthorne
Garter
Garter

Post by AlyHawthorne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:20 am

Hey guys!

This looks like a pretty cool site. :) You can call me Aly, I'm a freshman in biology (I bet a lot of you guys will be helping me in the future. XD).

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:22 am

Hi Aly!
actually you can more likely
help me I think :)
Lynne
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

kiekyon
Coral
Coral

Post by kiekyon » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:49 am

linn, what is tog boge???

Trev
Garter
Garter

Post by Trev » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:28 pm

hello, everybody =) let me continue)

Name: Konstantin (Korky in American manner or Kostya in Russian manner)
Sex: Male
Education: Saint-Petersburg State University, dept. of microbiology. I near the finish of my bachelor programm
Interests: molecular biology, unvertebrate zoology, microbiology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, genetics
Hobbies: sport climbing, snowboarding, swimming

o, explain to me, pls, what "BioPoints" does mean?
microbiologist, climber, snowboarder.

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:13 pm

Welcome, Trev! :P
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

surya
Coral
Coral

Post by surya » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:41 pm

About me?Lets see
my name is Surya(oh!plz???)
Sex:Female(n a very proud one at that) :D ,age:16(17 in AUG)
What else,ya Education:Senior Secondary(+2),same as whatever u guys do at 16,i mean at school :lol:
then, i like human biology besides all other teen stuff,luuuv chocolate,sleeeeping,school,books etc.

Not that sure but i would like to be a surgeon,i think a cardiac surgeon.

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:45 pm

th1_rhs13 wrote:Well Im currently concentrating on my undergraduate studies to acquire a B.S. in Biology. I chose developmental as it pertains directly to my concentration of study. I'm currently enrolled at CSUSB--California State University San Bernardino Mainly due to the fact that their Biology department is getting a complete renovation, and is placing major funding in their science departments, but was enrolled in CSUF, California State University Fullerton last term; we are allowed to freely exchange universities within our system.

My Concentration is cytometry and am currently in my 2nd year. I aspire to become a research scientist or should the opportunity lend itself I'll further my education to acquire a M.S. in developmental Biology.

I have only been to Spain as a child to visit relatives and would love to go back; the woman are insanely hot, French/Portagese/Spanish mixes! My family was located in Costa Blanca. I was thinking of taking the whole student abroad thing, but I would just rather visit their and live their when I retire. Let me crash at your place! Ha. I have yet to meet anyone who is of actual Spanish decent (directly, not indirectly) everyone here in California is Mexican, or Porto Rican, South American etc... I really want to go back.

O.K. Good luck in your studies (I wish you the best). Of course that if you return someday to Spain, I'll let you crash at my place, he he he! ;). Sure that your relatives miss you much ;).

As you said as in California, in some cities of Spain there are many South Americans (the most of them are people from stupid gangs as 'Latin Kings', etc who only come to Spain to rob. I hate this kind of people :S).