Introduction for members

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

jnkdna
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by jnkdna » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:37 am

so enzyme how did ur exams go?
d nyt is darkest just before the dawn

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:08 pm

- Cytogenetics: Very well (I hope I'll have a great mark in it). Moreover, my professor enjoyed a lot my seminar about telomerase ;).
- Microscopic Organology: Alright (the exam was very difficult but I'll pass it).
- Vegetal Physiology: Alright too.
- Microbiology II: I hadn't time to prepare it and I'm going to do it in June (in the final exams period of this new semester). I want to have a great mark in it, he he ;).
- Public Health: Uff... :? :? :cry: (I don't know if I'll pass it...)

alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by alextemplet » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:12 pm

You're making me miss college. I wish I was still in school. :cry:
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:14 pm

I don't change my University life for my years in the school (they passed, he he) :D.

th1_rhs13
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by th1_rhs13 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:10 am

What is your major, fellow Spaniard? Is biology huge (funding/number of students) at your institution? Where do you attend and how far are you along in your studies?

damien james
Coral
Coral

Post by damien james » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:54 am

Hi, I'm Damien.

I'm currently a biology undergrad senior. I hope to get my masters in biology some day. I like science and playing the guitar and my PSP.

Enzyme
Coral
Coral

Post by Enzyme » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:41 pm

th1_rhs13 wrote:What is your major, fellow Spaniard? Is biology huge (funding/number of students) at your institution? Where do you attend and how far are you along in your studies?

Mmmm... I'm studying Fundamental Biology (Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology and that kind of subjects). I study at University of León (in the Faculty of Biological Sciences). People say that University of León has one of the best Faculties of Biological Sciences of Spain, so I'm happy because I entered here.

In my Faculty you can study Fundamental Biology or Environmental Biology (Zoology, Botany, etc). You choose your way in the third year (the first two years are common to Fundamentals and Environmentals). I prefer Fundamental, he he ;) (I love it).

I want to specialize me in some of this fields: Genetics, Physiology, Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Microbiology or Biotechnology. Next year I'll request an Erasmus scholarship to study in London. I hope they'll accept my request...

I want to become very good in some of my favourite fields and some day work in one of them.

And you? What do you study? Where? Tell me! ;)

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:27 pm

damien james wrote:Hi, I'm Damien.

I'm currently a biology undergrad senior. I hope to get my masters in biology some day. I like science and playing the guitar and my PSP.

Welcome damien
what do you favor playing any
particular music on guitar?
Lynne
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

th1_rhs13
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by th1_rhs13 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:33 am

Well Im currently concentrating on my undergraduate studies to acquire a B.S. in Biology. I chose developmental as it pertains directly to my concentration of study. I'm currently enrolled at CSUSB--California State University San Bernardino Mainly due to the fact that their Biology department is getting a complete renovation, and is placing major funding in their science departments, but was enrolled in CSUF, California State University Fullerton last term; we are allowed to freely exchange universities within our system.

My Concentration is cytometry and am currently in my 2nd year. I aspire to become a research scientist or should the opportunity lend itself I'll further my education to acquire a M.S. in developmental Biology.

I have only been to Spain as a child to visit relatives and would love to go back; the woman are insanely hot, French/Portagese/Spanish mixes! My family was located in Costa Blanca. I was thinking of taking the whole student abroad thing, but I would just rather visit their and live their when I retire. Let me crash at your place! Ha. I have yet to meet anyone who is of actual Spanish decent (directly, not indirectly) everyone here in California is Mexican, or Porto Rican, South American etc... I really want to go back.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Is it just me or is there no attachment
box at this thread anymore?
because there
WAS one before but its gone now.
at the other threads there is one
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

night
Garter
Garter

Post by night » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:02 am

hai! i am new member! nice to know all of you! hopefully,i can share what i know or want to know to you, all!
thanx!
chayo!!!
hai, i am new member! dont take along time to think,just join me in every topic that i share about!
thanx for all my new friends! i hope we can be a partners one day!
chayo!!!

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Welcome Night
the more the merry :)
What is your field of study?
Lynne

PS: I see from your profile your interests