Mastermix in PCR

Everything on bioinformatics, the science of information technology as applied to biological research.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

klee5533
Garter
Garter

Mastermix in PCR

Post by klee5533 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 am

Hey guys,

I ran PRC on some genes yesterday, as a college student in a research lab, and I feel like I messed up the amount of mastermix solution I put into my PCR samples. So I made 10 PCR tubes, each of them including sdWater, different fwd primer and rev primer, DNA template, and mastermix in total volume of 50 microliter. My mastermix includes 10x butter, dNTPs, MgCl2, and Taq Polymerase, and each of the tube needed to have 13.25 microliter of mastermix solution. But I think I put around 14.5 microliter... Yes, that was stupid of me. I am going to let my professor know tomorrow since I realized my mistake, but I just wanted to know what's the biological cause of the excessive amount of mastersolution on PCR run going to be. Would it do anything else than maybe promoting the reaction further because the concentration is higher? I cannot think of something since I am not that familiar with PCR work!

Please help me out by sharing you knowledge! I really appreciate your time, guys!

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am

If it was 1.25 ul in 50 ul total, I wouldn't be much concerned. However, I would probably not compare these results to others with standard set-up.
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

daddyjames
Garter
Garter

Post by daddyjames » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I agree with what JackBean said, however it does not answer your question.

MgCl2 is a required cofactor for the Taq Polymerase to work. The activity of the Taq polymerase is sensitive to the concentration of MgCl2. The higher the concentration of the MgCl2, the more active the enzyme is. As the concentration of MgCl2 increases, the incorporation of dNTPs increases. However, it also increases the the error rate - the rate at which an incorrect dNTP is incorporated into the resulting PCR product as compared with the original sequence.

MgCl2 also can stabilize dsDNA structures. Manipulation of MgCl2 concentration (increasing it) is often used to increase amplification of "hard to amplify" DNA samples. However, this increases the amplification of "non-specific" PCR products. PCR products that are formed from the stabilization of the PCR primers binding to slightly different DNA sequences - which would not occur under lesser concentrations of MgCl2.

stonjohn4
Garter
Garter

Post by stonjohn4 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 am

Hi All,
I am having the following problem. I work with a fusion gene and need to do a QPCR. I found a couple of papers with primers I can use but have no idea how people manage to design those primers and what is the product length etc.
"stonjohn4"

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm

for qPCR your primers should have very similar Tm and be pretty close (around 100-150 bp)
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.

Johni
Garter
Garter

Re: Mastermix in PCR

Post by Johni » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:55 am

This is such a pleasant conventional and great post....you shook posting it much appreciated a lot....!!!!

CafDrurf
Garter
Garter

Greatest M4A Converters For Apple Mac OS X

Post by CafDrurf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

As we know, Home windows Media Audio WMA just isn't compatible with Mac OS X (Mavericks included) or Apple iOS. TunePat M4P Converter is a DRM protected audio and music conversion software which might convert protected iTunes M4P Recordsdata, DRM WMA, DRM protected AAC to plain Audio MP3, WAV, WMA recordsdata prepared for use on any computers or mobile music units corresponding to iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, cellphone, MP3 participant and automotive MP3 CD players, and so forth.
A: Folks Convert M4A information To AIFF format for various function, nonetheless, most of them Convert M4A for the 2 common ones, first the M4A recordsdata are too giant, they need to avoid wasting house, second their transportable Apple devices don't recognize M4A format in any respect, however these units are capable of taking part in AIFF information with none compatibility points.
I believed perhaps that was the restrict of the free model so I downloaded the pro version and I'm still having the identical error. If you click on skip your file(s) won't be sent to your inbox and will probably online aiff to m4a converter be despatched to your email solely. If you wish to convert RealMedia Information(RM, RA, RMJ, RAM, RMVB) to other audio format information, you want set up RealMedia Codecs in your machine.
This is fast, with high-quality, and you have already got all the software program you want to convert your audio. Moreover, it could batch obtain on-line Audio s from YouTube, Fb, Vevo, Veoh, Break, NicoAudio , etc. The group of natively supported file formats contains WAV, AIFF, AIFF-C, FLAC and OGG Vorbis. Free MP3 WMA OGG Converter is an ideal all-in-one device to transform batches of audio files for audio CD burning and music player enjoyment.
It's a simple free YouTube video converter, helps to download and convert on-line movies to MP3, MP4, MP4 HD, AVI, AVI HD. Numerous video websites are supported. Man i'm loving this program i'm using media human audio converter and i'm convertings 186 music information it has taken lower than 5 minutes usually the opposite applications i exploit if i used to be doing this it would take about an hour to an hour and a half this programs is the perfect.
I exploit AIFF, prime quality and appears to be superb for burning to CDs or playing in iTunes or on an iPhone. Other audio converters will simply help you with changing M4A information and at the most, permit audio playback. AIFF format: Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF) is an audio file format standard used for storing sound data for private computer systems and other digital audio units.
The smart program has the batch conversion feature which enables you to convert a number of M4A audios at the same time with super quick speed. That's why people decide to use this methodology when they aiff to m4a online are looking for methods to transform your AIFF information to MP3. Convert iTunes M4P to MP3 online or use the third-social gathering software to do that without cost.
ITunes DRM Audio Converter is an expert audio converter not only for Apple Music but in addition for M4A/M4B/AA/AAX audiobooks and M4P music which can convert DRM-ed Apple Music, audiobooks and audios to plain MP3, AAC, etc. Some folks really helpful renaming your caf file to different codecs, but this fashion didn't work. Mac's MP3 converter is among the best software that can be used to transform M4A audio formats to other kind of audio codecs.
It does not give any provision to vary exterior or extra settings for output file. Regardless of this being an Apple expertise, iTunes working on Home windows XP/Vista/7 is fully appropriate with Apple Lossless with full rip and playback capabilities and Apple Lossless offers full metadata help on both platforms. Human Hair Wigs Although some females are buying lace hairpieces Low cost Wigs on-line and in outlets, there aren't all the time ample competent and expense-successful stylists to work with them.
Furthermore, this information also helps to increase CAF audio quantity; join a number of CAF recordsdata into one; trim audio section; modify audio codec, sample rate, audio channels; batch convert CAF information and etc convert aiff to m4a online. Should you would have carefully read the issue I wrote up, you will see that the MP3 file doesn't current an error message.
http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-aiff-files-to-m4a