cardiovscular system and homeostasis

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

rosie
Garter
Garter

cardiovscular system and homeostasis

Post by rosie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:10 am

Hi

if anyone can help me understand this essay question

give an account of the role of cvs in maintaining homeostasis.

the essay is 1000wds..im going to discuss homeostasis and how plays a part in keeping us healthy..an overview of the cvs and function of blood..but it also says ..that emphasis should be given on the structure and function of the capillary and the cell-capillary relationship...what is the cell-capillary relationship?

hope u can help

thanks

rosie

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:15 pm

Cell-capilary relanshionship? I am only guessing here, cause i have never heard the term before. Since cappilaries reach almost all the cells of our body, my guess would be that it means all the stuff that is passed between cells and cappilaries via interstitial fluid...
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

rosie
Garter
Garter

Post by rosie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:30 pm

hi

yeh thats what i thought..that would link slightly into the lymphatic system then woudnt it?..

thnks

Rosie

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:52 pm

yes it would since lymph also collects fats and stuff from the interstitial fluid
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter