Immune against coffee/caffeine

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by February Beetle » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:52 pm

victor wrote:..beside that nicotine can make your cillia in the broncus and bronciolus won't move...for the result, there's too many paracytic bacterias that can't be swept off from the lung..you know that those cillia swept the bacteria together with mucus in the lung to our gaster/ventriculus to be mixed with chloride acid....

It also stops the cilia in a woman’s ovaries that push the egg down the fallopian tube so there is a very great chance for (I don't know the technical name) but the egg can drop into your pelvic area outside of any reproductive organs and sperm can also get there. Sometimes when this happens it is fertilized and it's always fatal to the baby and sometimes to mommy if not treated etc... So the chance of this is a lot greater in smokers.

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson

iri_black
Coral
Coral

Post by iri_black » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:28 pm

I think you're talking about ectopic pregnancy... :roll:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - H. Albright

hurly
Coral
Coral

Post by hurly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:58 pm

ok ok, let's just agree that smoking kills and is bad for you! 8)

123Herpatology
Death Adder
Death Adder

i agree

Post by 123Herpatology » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:04 am

I hate smoking, so this is no ploy to endorse it, but i think iri_black is right, my freind has a problem with his attention and concentration due to ADD, and in his ADD medication there are several agents in it that act on the same basis as Nicotene. They help focus and concentration, and even negatively (as the episode on desperate housewives illustrates) can become very addicting. Not to say that desperate housewives is at all a reputable source :wink:
wisdom=the anti-venom for failure

hurly
Coral
Coral

Post by hurly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:08 pm

Another question about coffee:

Will you get the same effect taking pure coffee beans without using any water? By that I mean eating the coffee literally... 8)

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:52 pm

Yes, I guess. Because there is no such kind of effect for water.
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:44 pm

The effect will be the same, but the taste would be awful and you will get a stomach ache since coffee beans are probably very hard to digest...
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:21 pm

MrMistery wrote:The effect will be the same, but the taste would be awful and you will get a stomach ache since coffee beans are probably very hard to digest...

As a matter of fact a few beans in "creme anglaise" (liquid vanilla custard) or coated with chocolate are very good. Use your teeth Andrew :wink:
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:23 pm

Lol.. i hadn't thought about the possibility of chewing them...
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

rambo
Garter
Garter

Post by rambo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:41 am

victor wrote:I would say that it's caused by the body's detox system...there're 2 system which are xenobiotics and antioxydant detox system....I think that someone is immune to coffee's effect because of his/her detox system...(usually anti-xenobiotics do that)...
but, anyway...coffee isn't all bad...in some aspects, coffee is good also.. :lol:

hey sounds quiet confusing but i believe caffeine contains Chlorogenic Acid, an antioxydant acid meaning it can reduct stress from oxidizing cells.
it also stops inflamation and pain on certain cells.

rambo
Garter
Garter

Post by rambo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:43 am

also i know caffiene can stop the process in making calcium and can break some of it down. im not sure about the actions but positive that it effects calcium in a vastly way

rambo
Garter
Garter

Post by rambo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:56 am

iri_black wrote:
victor wrote:I'm ashamed when I see many biologists in my country act like they've never learn biology before... :(
Anyway, 'bout your theory iri_black, I can say that there're no nicotine receptors in the cell

I knew i've read about nicotine receptors somewhere.... :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinic_receptors

You should see the doctors in our country....I know a lady doctor that smoked even during pregnancy :x .....

ahh good comeback not to team up on ol' vicky. anyway i believe that nicotine alters the receptors on our membrane. sending responses to neurotransmitters to send more altered receptors for nicotine. thus helping makind it an addiction to fulfill the receptors need. thanks for the link. not a cigerette smoker but open for all biological studies.