Immune against coffee/caffeine

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Poison
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by Poison » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:49 pm

But staying awake increases your concentration. I mean you can not concentrate on your work while feeling sleepy.
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

Fried Zygote Sandwich
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Fried Zygote Sandwich » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:27 pm

Personally speaking I find it harder to concentrate when I'm wired on caffeine. I get a fuzzy sort of awareness. I might be physically energetic, but I'm not clear mentally.

iri_black
Coral
Coral

Post by iri_black » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:39 am

This is just me, but when i'm learning i feel that smoking also helps (I know it's not healthy) and I believe it has something to do with the necotine receptors in the nervous tissue :?
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - H. Albright

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:09 am

iri_black wrote:This is just me, but when i'm learning i feel that smoking also helps (I know it's not healthy) and I believe it has something to do with the necotine receptors in the nervous tissue :?

smoke from the ciggaretes contains many toxic substances..let me told you some of them..they're nitrosamine, PAH (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon such as Pyrene), etc. Nitrosamine can cause free-radical substances that can attck your cell and PAH is known as carsinogenic agent..beside that nicotine can make your cillia in the broncus and bronciolus won't move...for the result, there's too many paracytic bacterias that can't be swept off from the lung..you know that those cillia swept the bacteria together with mucus in the lung to our gaster/ventriculus to be mixed with chloride acid....
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Along with thousants more bad effects.. Shame on you iri_black! We should really set an example
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

iri_black
Coral
Coral

Post by iri_black » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:58 am

Yes I know. Sorry. I'm trying to quit for 5 years now... :D
But does anyone has have a comment on my theory?
I discussed it with my teacher and he said I could be right
:wink:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - H. Albright

Fried Zygote Sandwich
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Fried Zygote Sandwich » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:45 am

I'm fairly sure that nicotine is a stimulant, and theoretically any stimulate which increases brain activity is likely to help while studying.

But, there are so many aspects to consider that although it may be true, it could be for simpler or vastly more complex reasons. An example would be it helps you relax, clears your mind, and becomes part of a ritualistic study habit.

iri_black
Coral
Coral

Post by iri_black » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:21 am

That's what i thought :)

Mjhavok
Coral
Coral

Post by Mjhavok » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:16 pm

victor
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by victor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:04 am

I'm ashamed when I see many biologists in my country act like they've never learn biology before... :(
Anyway, 'bout your theory iri_black, I can say that there're no nicotine receptors in the cell but, nicotine is one of the reactive substances that can easily shots e- to other substances to begin unfavourable chai reactions..that's my opinion...
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:06 pm

We haven't discovered every receptor in the cell, victor. So, even if i agree with you in this personal matter, try to avoid such statements. Remember, aquaporins have been discovered only 3 years ago(by a romanian, but someone else got the noble. We always get cheated out of the Nobel prize :evil: :evil: )
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

iri_black
Coral
Coral

Post by iri_black » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:20 am

victor wrote:I'm ashamed when I see many biologists in my country act like they've never learn biology before... :(
Anyway, 'bout your theory iri_black, I can say that there're no nicotine receptors in the cell

I knew i've read about nicotine receptors somewhere.... :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinic_receptors

You should see the doctors in our country....I know a lady doctor that smoked even during pregnancy :x .....