ATP Measurement

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

waqarjadoon
Garter
Garter

ATP Measurement

Post by waqarjadoon » Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 am

I am student in Hiroshima University. I want to calculate ATP content in some cultured sample using AF-70 ATP Tester. Now the problem is I never used this instrument and I don't have the manual for this product. However, I tried to prepare the solution from Japanese material provided with the ket used for this instrument. While I tried to calibrate/calculate the ATP in my required sample I couldn't get values. I don't know how to use this instrument, if anyone is using this product can you please guide me?? I will be highly obliged for your kind support.

JorgeLobo
Coral
Coral

Post by JorgeLobo » Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 am

Have you tried to contact DKK-TOA for a user manual? These are not that complex - but control of reagents and hardware is important.

waqarjadoon
Garter
Garter

Post by waqarjadoon » Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have tried the DKK-TOA but no response yet, may be it will take time to respond.

JorgeLobo
Coral
Coral

Post by JorgeLobo » Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 am

I think those meters have been discontinued. There are similar devices for ATP that I've seen and assume are still marketed - maybe you could seach for one that can provide instructions and try hoe