Heart Cells and project

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

needlotsofhelp
Garter
Garter

Heart Cells and project

Post by needlotsofhelp » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:41 pm

I need to do a poject in class about heart cells. BUT i gotta be creative and think of a way to present it in class. its so hard though because the heart cell is really complicated. What do i want to teach my peers about heart cells?

I'm going to be teacher for 5 minutes and there has to be a way to teach them soemthing. Any ideas?

e-mail or reply, ty a bunch. :D

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:12 am

Interpretive dance :D. I dunno, act it out?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Winter
Coral
Coral

Post by Winter » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:07 am

i would suggest making a poster. But don't make a normal rectangular poster made with glued on printouts and pictures off the internet. Try getting a poster board and cutting it out in the shape of a heart cell. Attach organelles cut out of about 3/4 inch thick styrofoam and painted different colors to distinguish them from one another. OR if that's too much work you can just paint the organelles onto the posterboard. But the styrofoam will give it a nice 3D effect. And I chose paint because it offers more even coloring, unlike markers. Besides, styrofoam just sucks up the ink from markers. Make sure you label the organelles. You could print out the names from the computer to make sure they are clear and legible. (Check spelling before printing) This whole thing will be your visual aid. Next, type up some notes about the heart cell on the computer and print out enough copies for everyone. Include a section on interesting and current facts about the heart cell. If you type the words 'heart cell' in google you will get a lot of links that take you to articles about new developments involving the heart cell. Make sure you 3 hole punch the notes or everyone will just stuff it in the bottom of their backpacks instead of in their binders. Integrate your notes and your visual aid so that you won't focus on ONLY the visual aid or ONLY the notes.

But...
if that's too much work you can always make a powerpoint presentation, burn it on a cd and take it to school.