Help me out with my project

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

futurelaw1988
Garter
Garter

Help me out with my project

Post by futurelaw1988 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:36 pm

am conducting a project in which I need to know the following terms in great depth and I am having great difficulty understanding them all and how they link to my project...

1. macromolecules..... how they relate? the part of my project where this term was brought forth was knowing the role of macromolecules in cells as well as knowing the make up of popcorn (i know it doesn't make sense yet just wait for it) how does macromolecules correlate with popcorn?

2. glucose.... how it relates? the part where glucose was brought up was when I mentioned bringing in soda as another variable... so I need to know all about glucose...

3. cellular respiration... how does this relate? I haven't the slightest... I don't know why this was even mentioned nor do I now how it relates to the above two terms....

4. kreb cycle.... I don't know about this one either.... it must relate to cellular respiration somehow but I don't know how.

finally I need to figure out how energy consumption effects the blood flow to the heart...

an explanation of a difficult expiriment that isn't even biology related: I am taking a group of students breaking them into three groups: group one gets nothing group 2 gets soda and group three gets salty popcorn, these three groups then must watch a series of different types of movies (ie action horror romance and comedy) then to measure cahnge I will take the students blood pressure.... so how do the terms above relate to the project?

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:13 am

Who conceived of this project? It seems the most convoluted thing I've ever heard of, multiple variables strewn together, lack of quantitative data...
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

futurelaw1988
Garter
Garter

Post by futurelaw1988 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:19 am

actually I did and although it appears to have many variables it turned out very well last year i just wanted to go more in depth this year which is why i am in the class I am in now hoping to be able to get a better grip on the project this year.. it actually did quite well in competition last year...