Which is best? Biology or Chemistry or Physics

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

leniel
Garter
Garter

Post by leniel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

Is difficult to isolate the importance of the subject. The man use the classification artificially. For Nature it does not matter: physics, chemistry or biology - for it all this is one organic whole. Therefore a true researcher must be competent in all things.

Alessandro8100
Garter
Garter

Post by Alessandro8100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Biology and Physics,both are my favorite subjects.But mostly like to read biology.Really helpful to read about traditional, underpinning topics such as animal and plant systematic and relationships, with modern developments and techniques in all spheres of biology, from the molecular and cellular to the whole organismic and ecological.

Julian92
Garter
Garter

Re: Which is best? Biology or Chemistry or Physics

Post by Julian92 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Well definitely not physics xD

jeffz
Garter
Garter

Post by jeffz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 am

Well these all depends upon your interest that what attract you most. A quote regarding this that one man's fantasy is other man's creep so it is hard to say what would be the best among these subjects as they all have their own importance.

SJH
Garter
Garter

Post by SJH » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:43 am

I prefer Chemistry to Biology and Physics.

For me Chemistry stayed Chemistry...same principles still applied and while the material did change, I found it easy to understand.

Physics,well...I really enjoyed Physics. Circuits and Space really intrigued me...A level Physics felt like Additional Mechanics (Add Maths = additional Pure), but since I wasn't also doing Maths it took me a while to get into it.

Biology focused less on the Cellular level with cycles, structure genetics etc, and moved into essay intense subjects like Ecology (bane of my life for A levels). It felt more like English Literature than Biology.

Didn't stop me doing a Pharmaceutical based degree, which involved all three... but thankfully the only physics was really the Gas Laws for aerosolized compounds.

I still am interested in microbiology, specifically virology and bacteriology, as these relate to what I hope to achieve (deal with) with Pharmaceuticals. Physics papers I cannot read for too long before headaches ensue...but I read physics articles.

Ramseyson

Post by Ramseyson » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 pm

I think that each of these is worthy to be studied, especially if you enjoy them! As I said, I always preferred Chemistry and Biology, even though I was extremely close to dropping Chemistry at the end of my GCSE's.
Be a part of my website about resume writing services and discover the best one! http://resumeservicereviews.blogspot.com/

smarty142
Garter
Garter

Post by smarty142 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:32 am

Biology,Chemistry and Physics three are important for everyone. Chemistry and Bio is must for medical students. Biology become best among all..

Bernardrichii

Post by Bernardrichii » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 am

Biology is a good subject.I too love this subject.It's very nice subject and informative
Activity Co-ordinator and Head Admin Nursing Home for Elders in UK

Arun192017
Garter
Garter

Post by Arun192017 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 am

In my personal opinion, Chemistry is the easiest if you neglect lengthy reactions. :D :D

Arun192017
Garter
Garter

Post by Arun192017 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 am

Jokes apart. The easiest subject for you is the subject in which you feel comfortable reading. For me, Physics is easy because I love to read what are the forces which are actually working in the universe and our earth. So I feel motivated while studying Physics. For others, Physics can be a nightmare as well. Same goes for Biology and Chemistry. This problem is faced by many students who are preparing for some competitive exams like NEET Exam, JIPMER, AIIMS etc. in which questions are asked on all the three subjects. So, students mainly get confused about which subject to go after. For exams like neet and all, biology is the main subject and trust me, biology is much easier than physics. So, the difficulty level goes like
Biology<Chemistry<Physics