I need some major Biology Tutoring, can someone please help

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

pbstudent07
Garter
Garter

I need some major Biology Tutoring, can someone please help

Post by pbstudent07 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:43 pm

hi, I'm new to this board. I am a pre-Ap Biology student. The class began 2 weeks before I entered it, I am caught up, but completely lost, is there anything that I can do to make studying and understanding a little bit easier? And is there a way to remember certain facts easier? Thanks for any help.

:) Pb student
PBSTUDENT

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:46 pm

get an outline of the course, see what you missed and look here
http://www.biology-online.org/tutorials/home.htm
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

Winter
Coral
Coral

Post by Winter » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm

- get into the habit of studying everyday. Even if you don't have homework, review what you learned that day. Try not to go through to many lessons without stopping for review. It's easier to review lessons in smaller, more manageable, chunks than all at the same time.

- read ahead. try to know ahead of time what concepts you will touch in class. By the time you get to class you'll already know what questions you want to ask and which concepts need clarification.

- read books, magazines, and internet articles on biology. It's a good way to keep up with what's new in biology as well as get a good foundation of related knowledege.

- take good notes. Try to come up with a note-taking system that presents info in a way that makes it easy for you to understand and remember what you've learned.

- ask your teacher for help. That's their job. Find out of they offer extra classes, or if there is a particular study guide or book they would recommend. Ask them what you just asked us; since they teach the class they probably know better than anyone else what is really effective to succeed in the class.

- visit and use this site often. It is an invaluable tool for any biology student. There are always interesting and useful discussions going on here in the forum, plus this site is equipped with a dictionary and tutorials which you can access by clicking on the button at the top of this page. The forum also has a search engine which you can, and should, use to find out if there are any old discussions on the topic you are interested in.

Hope these tips help you out... :D