Master in Neuroscience

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

hurly
Coral
Coral

Master in Neuroscience

Post by hurly » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:48 pm

Just out of curiousity, is this a major worth aiming for?
I would like to know how the job market is for people with this master degree...

I'm currently doing a 5 year master program in biotechnology, but not sure this is my right major.
Biotechnology is safer to bet on than neuroscience?

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:49 am

Are you looking at the american market? there's a bureau of labor report for job projections.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

GreenDog
Coral
Coral

Post by GreenDog » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:23 pm

I'm majoring in neuroscience, but my country does not have a market for this. Actually there is no market for biologists at all in my country. In addition the purpose of a master as I understand it, is to learn as many techniques as possible, and not to specialize in something. When it comes to a job application I don’t think their primary concern is the exact topic of your master.

Bio-Hazard
Death Adder
Death Adder

Post by Bio-Hazard » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:18 pm

Currents trends point to Biotechnology careers.
I personally will say screw that and go with neuroscience.

Research does keep advancing and is very interesting to get into and superbugs are annoying.

I'm a science major but I try to specialize at various things such as biotech,biochem,neuroscience,cognitive science, etc..

I would have to say that if you are in it for the money do biotechnology. Most people are doing some science careers for the money which is psychological control (insert rant here). I personally like neursci because it needs more development and I believe it holds more hope.

BiologyIs4Life
Garter
Garter

Post by BiologyIs4Life » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:26 am

Bio-Hazard wrote:Currents trends point to Biotechnology careers.
I personally will say screw that and go with neuroscience.

Research does keep advancing and is very interesting to get into and superbugs are annoying.

I'm a science major but I try to specialize at various things such as biotech,biochem,neuroscience,cognitive science, etc..

I would have to say that if you are in it for the money do biotechnology. Most people are doing some science careers for the money which is psychological control (insert rant here). I personally like neursci because it needs more development and I believe it holds more hope.

Omg! You won't believe me if I say this...I'm exactly like you...Like I have this sense of worry...I wanna go to university this sept 06 and i dunno whether to study Biotech or Neuro! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :shock: :shock:

GreenDog
Coral
Coral

Post by GreenDog » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:48 am

I agree, do it for the Soul, et the end it doesn't matter what you've studied.
"When In Danger Or In Doubt Run In Circles Scream And Shout"
Lawrence J. Peter