Anthro Class BS

Discuss topics related to other sciences, post news that you feel our community needs to hear about. Any interesting discussions about pretty much anything are also welcome.

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

kmo9000
Garter
Garter

Anthro Class BS

Post by kmo9000 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey guys. I joined this forum a while back but now I am in an Anthropology class and I figured this would be a good place to ask for some help. But for now I just feel like venting lol.

I never thought there would be this much genetics in an anthro class but the proff has us learning pedagree charts and everything about genetics, chromosomes and alleles. I can understand the need for it, but then she takes it another step and decides to give us minus marks for answering a question wrong on a multiple choice quiz saying that it somehow removes the random chance factor being you can get 25% by guessing.

Personally I think that is BS. I mean who wants to get 25% on a quiz and who things that is a good mark at all? I mean the university is not pushing for this policy, it is totally up to the proff to do this. I really think this is a prick move on her part. I study hard but I have other classes to keep up in, really is unfair how I have to worry about answering a question wrong considering the difference in correct answers could be only a couple words. There is no real reason, and its a first year undergrad course too.

Then I have to sit though every class where she will go off on tangents directed at first year students where she talks about academic dishonesty or taking good paraphrase notes. Man I don't know what I would do if I were majoring in biology and had all proffs like this.