Field of View

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

daddiezgrl
Garter
Garter

Field of View

Post by daddiezgrl » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:09 pm

I rolled up a paper to 2cm. I looked at an object and could see all of it, as I moved in on the object, I could see less of it. If the question is...When you were closest to the object did the field of view increase or decrease? Since I could see less of the object I would think the answer would be decrease, however if I'm focusing on something paticular, the field of view is increased. Can someone help me? I put too much thought into it and now I've confused my self. :?:

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Re: Field of View

Post by mith » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:30 am

daddiezgrl wrote:however if I'm focusing on something paticular, the field of view is increased.

How did you figure this?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:53 pm

This question is not a biology one, as much as a physics one. I did not understand what your experiment was exactly, but take a look at a basics optics book and how the placement of the object relative to the lens infuences the image.
Regards,
Andrew
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter