Marine Biology

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Combat_Controller
Garter
Garter

Marine Biology

Post by Combat_Controller » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 pm

I was wondering why thier isn't a Marine Biology on the forums? Marine Biology is a Biology to.

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 pm

1. Not enough interest
2. Goes under zoology
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:46 pm

Hm... I have never studied this marine biology thing in detail although it is very common in movies. In hollywood pictures, every beatiful girl that goes to college is studying marine biology.. I am the only one who noticed that?
Now.. I suppose marine biology studies everthing living in waters.. So, plants go under botany, animals under zoology and bacteria and protozoans under microbiology. As for fungy, well.. They go under general discussion. As mithril said we can not have a forum for every branch of biology there is, because they would up to something like 1000000 forums :D We try to have as few as possible...
Cheers
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter

Combat_Controller
Garter
Garter

Post by Combat_Controller » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Ok, thank you. My mom studied Marine Biology for a long time so it was wierd not to see it as a forum. I've been studing it for two years.

Simon Snorkle
Garter
Garter

Marine Biology is the greatest..

Post by Simon Snorkle » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:44 pm

I have being a marine biologist now for over 5 years.. and I have loved (nearly) all of it..

Im not quite the sexy girl on the coral reef.. but I do still get to do quite exciyting things working on seals and penguins in Antarctica..

For a more marine biology slanted forum try http://www.thelifeaquatic.org/phpbb

Its also worth checking out the rest of the site.. its got a few holes and its not too serious.. but its well worth a look

Cheers

apnea
Garter
Garter

Shameless

Post by apnea » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:39 pm

Matthew - that was a shameless plug of your website!

Simon Snorkle
Garter
Garter

Post by Simon Snorkle » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:36 pm

Well yes, your right.. shameless it is! I have a love for adventure and marine biology... and as yet I havent found a forum that does both..

I think the site has lots to offer :D ...so yes, its a web site plug with pride!!

http://www.thelifeaquatic.org