Oligo Designing Software

Discussion of all aspects of biological molecules, biochemical processes and laboratory procedures in the field.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

pushel
Garter
Garter

Oligo Designing Software

Post by pushel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello,
I am currently doing some cloning into a vector. For variouse reasons I need to order not simply sense and antisense oligos with 5' overhangs, but sense and antisense strands that overlap over a small nucleotide sequense. After I anneal them, I polymerase them using Klenow, cut them with restriction enzymes and then clone the cut insert into the vector.
To plan all this we use the GeneRunner software from 1994 which is quite insufficient to be honest and causes a lot of headaches and mistakes during planning.

I wonder what is the leading software in the market for doing this type of calculations? I heared something about Oligo 7 and Vector NTI, but I am not really sure.....

Please help :?: :?: :?:

Arik

magicsiew
Coral
Coral

Post by magicsiew » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Oligo 7 is good. Besides, u can try Lasergene.

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Primer3, here in only one of its incarnation, also available on NCBI) does a really good job, has a lot of parameters and can be accessed for free.
Last edited by canalon on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix the link
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)

pushel
Garter
Garter

Post by pushel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

I started looking at the SeqBuilder tool from the lasergene suite and I think this is just what I need.

Thanks!!!

nchao
Garter
Garter

Post by nchao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Bio-Synthesis, Inc. provides a comprehensive list of scientific applications. Please visit the following website:
http://www.biosyn.com/sci-apps.aspx