The Fiber Disease

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

in_the_uk
Coral
Coral

Post by in_the_uk » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:22 pm

Anyone remember Hawkwind...."Einstien was not a handsome fellow, nobody ever called him "Al", he had a long moustache to pull on it was yellow.....talking 'bout quarke, strangeness and charm."

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 pm

in_the_uk wrote:Anyone remember Hawkwind...."Einstien was not a handsome fellow, nobody ever called him "Al", he had a long moustache to pull on it was yellow.....talking 'bout quarke, strangeness and charm."

?why are you bringing this out?
did i miss something? :?
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver

John Kern
Coral
Coral

Post by John Kern » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:39 pm

I think it was because I mentioned mesons, which are subatomic particles, which are made from "quark, strange and charm" (and other) particles

random article "New particle baffles physicists":
http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/8/6/11
:wink:

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:46 pm

Physics :!:
, Ok I have had enough of that lately
my brain is full :lol:
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

Skytroll
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Skytroll » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:50 pm

pentagon shaped

Particle level is where changes can take place.

What do we know of particles?

Skytroll

John Kern
Coral
Coral

Post by John Kern » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Troll, now I think you are just trying to be funny.

in_the_uk
Coral
Coral

Post by in_the_uk » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Linn wrote:
in_the_uk wrote:Anyone remember Hawkwind...."Einstien was not a handsome fellow, nobody ever called him "Al", he had a long moustache to pull on it was yellow.....talking 'bout quarke, strangeness and charm."

?why are you bringing this out?
did i miss something? :?

No I don't think so Lynne, I was just being daft. It is something that I remember from my youth when I started learning engineering science. Just getting to the sub atomic. Hope I didn't offend.

Helen

PS it's quark not quarke.

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:03 pm

no not at all, I was just lost in space here
:lol:

But can I put my two sense in?

This is not THAT abnormal

what we have?
Its just a bacteria or a virus thats all. they mutate
all the time, how did you get on the subject of sub-atomic
particles?

Ohh... :roll: inorganic thinking correct?

London
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by London » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Okay People,

Please do not hate me for bringing this up…..Maybe I’m just naïve- dunno what you would call it
But I am confused.

I read a post today on LB (it was written last week sometime) that questioned what the Morg.Foundation
Was doing for us/ what they might be keeping from us as far as information goes…

Well, I usually do not read or ever, ever question anything that a foundation might be doing- I just have a blind trust of them, I guess you could say.

But after earlier today and my blood started to boil, I just sat and thought about this organization and everything else and everyone else that is involved.

So, with this being said, maybe you will understand where I am coming from….I know nothing about
The Morgellons Foundation but this…….Anytime I go on the net to research and type in the words:

Info on Morgellons Disease it always leads me back to them, the foundation. If a doctor that has heard of our disease before, happens to get one of us as his/her patient, well it is true….he just points or guides us to the foundation.

And nobody knows squat? Please don’t get mad at me- just help me to understand this…..

I joined them in August when I just happened to bump into their site on the internet when I was searching for what scabies were. So I joined the foundation.

Please, dear God someone don’t tell me that I registered with some Gov’t funded organization that
Is only monitoring our symptoms/ i.e., keeping track of us….oh God no, that can’t be true….I just

don’t know but want to find out…..and please people, I don’t need someone to write back slamming me for asking questions , just trying to learn. That’s all I’m doing here, just TRYING TO LEARN!!!

Okay, I’m a reasonable person, so I’m going to think positive- what’s the best case scenario……

Let’s say that what was written back on the LB thread is True!!!! That they are just sooo very busy
And they are swamped and working on a low budget- right out of their own living rooms…..okay,

So be it!!! I know that people have asked them nicely to give them some more info on what they think is going on w/ our disease but they do not get any information for their repeated request…..I heard someone say in a post once that only a select few do- I.e. the oldtimers; why is this? That I think may really be true

b/c I have seen someone post something where they then came back on and said that they were not supposed to have given that info out and they were sorry. You see people, I myself would have never

Caught that at all ( Like I said, I can be very naïve) but about two months ago I received a PM here on the fiber board from a fellow poster that pointed this out to me and they were really p.o.’d about it)

Well, I just let it drop- really did not even think about it b/c frankly it bored me, plus I thought that is none of my business/ way out of my league/ that I did not know enough about the foundation to even hypothesize this……

But wait! Now, I do! I’m sick; I’m so sick. I have put my tireless time and effort into this research more than most realize…..Ands no, I’m not complaining about it, but just wanted to say that I have shared every article/ every find with people by posting it. So yeah, hell yeah, I feel I have given to the foundation,

I sure as hell do.

John, if you read this and are not mad at me, please indulge me for a minute here.

I may have / must have missed your post where you stated your profession and how you found/ came to this fiber forum. You must be a Doctor of some sorts, eh? If not, you still are seem to be very

Bright and full of a wealth of knowledge. So I have an idea…..The Foundation ( or their spokespeople)

Have said the only help they really need/ could use right now is for Doctors and people like you John.

So why don’t you go and rescue us? I bet they would love your help. Have you ever spoken

To them. I think they have been around several years and yet they have not produced any DNA tesing results….. Maybe you could get that ball rolling. Someone said (maybe Dr. Wymore it was??) that it would not cost that much. I thought it would cost lots of money for that) I am sure if

Whomever said it did not cost much is sadly mistaken that we could cough up the fees to have this done.

I would write them myself but I have never done so- but why don’t you try to offer your help to them John? PLEASE???????????? What have you got to lose? All they can say is no thanks, but like I said…

I think they would welcome you with open arms. I really feel that deep down they are a great foundation and want nothing more for the best for us….they just need some more brain power to help them.

I vote for you John. I’m sure there is others who will chime in on this post and say the same thing!

You seem very knowledgeable on Morgellons Disease. Hey, wait a minute….John, I dunno about DNA testing, but maybe you can perform one yourself for us? Is that possible?

I really meant that- hope it did not sound too stupid or far out…..Please comment here……

Okay you all, like I said ….I just want to learn and like I always have been taught and teach my own kids at school…………….

“NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION!”

JUST TEACH ME!!! ALL I WANNA DO IS LEARN!!!!!

LONDON

carriescamp
Garter
Garter

oooop sorry

Post by carriescamp » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:09 pm

Hello...is this where you guys are?

Sorry...I'd recieved a suggestion via PM...I didn't know it was suggested for something other than the typical.

So...do I have to go and read all the entries or can some one break it down for me?

Thanks, Carrie

Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Linn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:18 pm

London,
do you remember the old song? I think
you will its from the 70s I believe :lol:
A line gos: "paranoia will destroy ya"
I am not being sarcastic, and please dont get me wrong.
but when pwople are suffering from an unknown disease,
and their whole life as they knew it is out the door, with
everything on hold, and there is so much bull being talked
about, we start to feel quite overwelmed.
Every now and then we should step back and take
a look at that, and take a deep breath and relax.
This will be discovered soon I am sure :)

and go.. have a glass of wine, soak your feet,
watch a funny movie, and get the hell off this computer.

Who knows what the Gov is up too London. but they
are not out to get us :)

Hang in there,
we are all in this together.

in_the_uk
Coral
Coral

Post by in_the_uk » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:27 pm

London wrote:To them. I think they have been around several years and yet they have not produced any DNA tesing results…..

Whomever said it did not cost much is sadly mistaken that we could cough up the fees to have this done.

“NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION!”

Hi London,

Why is is necassary to have DNA testing done? Is it critical to identifying whatever is causing this thing?

Did you pay money to the MRF? If so should you not be entitled to ask them for a progress report/ future activities plan?

Helen