Which book for the very beginning?

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

plankk
Garter
Garter

Which book for the very beginning?

Post by plankk » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:17 am

Hello everybody!

This is my first post here. Maybe I'm writing in a wrong subforum. If yes, I apologise for it, but I don't know where put this subject.

Now I'm in the high school. During this year I will write final exams and go to university. My problem is that I don't really know what to do. Up to now I've been devoted for chemistry and I think about going on chemistry faculty. Neverthelles now, when decision is closer and closer, I'm not sure about it. Because after chemistry I will have to possible ways of carreer: as a scientist or a teacher. For me the second one is absolutely out of my interests. And I started to think about medicine. There also I have to possible ways of career: as scientist or a medical doctor. But I've got a real problem with my biology knowledge. To be honest I'm not keen on biology. Moreover I don't like it at all. It is probable because I have never had a good biology teacher. From my previous experiences I know that we don't like things which we don't understand, so maybe is like that with my biology. So I've got one year to find out how it is. I please you for recomendations of good books with which I can start. As I said I'm a totally ignorant of subject so it will be really nice if it start from very beginning to more advanced tasks.

Thanks for advice.

JackBean
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by JackBean » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Maybe you would need some basic teaching book rather than some English book
http://www.biolib.cz/en/main/

Cis or trans? That's what matters.