Help Learning?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Dyltt³²
Garter
Garter

Help Learning?

Post by Dyltt³² » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:11 pm

When ever I learn about anything to do with Human Biology, I am not sure what it is but it distracts me from paying attention, I almost become blank. Anything from talking about blood to how your body operates makes me, not feel sick; but it makes me have shivers up my spine or whatever else. When you speak about how bones operate in the body makes me become off track so fast. Basically I am distracting myself from learning because I don't like these things or whatever. I know I haven't explained it well but can someone please help me on this problem. I always fail in Human Biology for this reason and it needs to stop now because I am now getting serious about my grades.

Nursedegree
Garter
Garter

Re: Help Learning?

Post by Nursedegree » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I am wondering why you are wanting to learn Human Biology if your body and brain responds this way? If you feel you must learn Human Biology, I would suggest you begin by doing small study sessions. Get used to dealing with one topic at a time.
Perhaps you are freaking out, maybe you could think about what goes through your mind before you have a class.. When my mind blanks, its for one of two reasons.. One is that it is overwhelmed with information (or it thinks it is going to be), and the other is lack of interest. If you are not excited by what you are learning, chances are your brain may blank itself (or switch itself off) to retaining information it sees as useless or unnecessary. If you subconsciously think you are about top be overwhelmed with information, your thoughts may 'take precedence' over the 'learning', thereby rendering you 'blank'. Seems to me there is a whole lot of worry going on.
Get some assistance with a tutor or a class mate, begin a study group so you are not feeling so self conscious.