drink blood?

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:09 pm

I was thinking how it could enter and exit the nephron not the blood cell

biostudent84
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by biostudent84 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:14 pm

MrMistery wrote:I was thinking how it could enter and exit the nephron not the blood cell

If it can't leave the cell, how's it going to touch the nephron? :shock:

MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by MrMistery » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:01 pm

You said that hemoglobine can pass through the nephron but it doesn't because it is inside the red blood cells. I was wondering why there should be a mechanism for transporting glucose through the nephron and what it was
PS: By the way, urine would not turn red since hemoglobine is broken down into aminoacids inside the small intestine

DarkStorm
Garter
Garter

So how much.

Post by DarkStorm » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:43 pm

Ok, so I know how the thread started, but one question that wasn't answered is, Just how much blood can someone drink before they are forced to puke. Follow ups would be, why does it take that much to cause the reaction, and and what is it about the blood that causes the reaction?

Another use for Urine is to stop the destruction of tissue after being stung by jelly fish or some corals.

Sam
Garter
Garter

Post by Sam » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:46 am

okay sthis sounds bad but i've drunk my own blood. I'll explain i tend to get blood noses when i get too hot, and sometimes the blood will go down the back of my throat and to my stomach. also when i've pulled out my own teeth when is was loosing them i've swalloed blood with no ill affect at all and it wasn't salty it tasted metalic

cookie
Garter
Garter

Post by cookie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:18 pm

I think drinking blood is better than drinking urine.

Because urine contains toxic substances that our body produced,
you may die if you drink too much urine which results in a high level of toxicity accumulated in body.

But for drinking blood.
Have you heard that in dry seasons, lions have more opportunity to survive than glass-eating animals?
Because lions get enough water and materials from animal blood which provide them enough energy to suffer from thirsty.

So in my opinion, drinking animals' blood is much better than drinking urine. ( Not your own blood !! )

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:00 pm

What are glass-eating animals?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by canalon » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:08 pm

mithrilhack wrote:What are glass-eating animals?

I was wondering too... probably gRass-eating animals, aka herbivores. Glass-eating animals must have a hell of a stomach to melt glass and digest it :wink:

Patrick

mith
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan

Post by mith » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:57 pm

oh ty patrick :D

Um, the lion would die too because the grass eaters(herbivores) would die from lack water and what would the lion eat?
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
~Niebuhr

carla uk
Garter
Garter

Post by carla uk » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:30 pm

Well getting back to the original subject if you had a rymer (sorry can't spell) on this desert island it wouldn't matter cause the machine would turn it in to perfect drinking water for you or even better you could save cutting yourself and peeing in a bottle and just use sea water!!!! :lol:

Sam
Garter
Garter

salt water

Post by Sam » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:21 am

What's a rymer? and A problem with drinking salt water is frist you have to get your body used to it. So you don't get dehydrated. Once you start drinking salt if you have any freash water, you have to start adjusting your body all over again.

carla uk
Garter
Garter

Post by carla uk » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:41 am

A rymer is a machine that the army here in england use. They take it to locations where clean water is not easily accesable. You can put practically any liquid into it and it'll turn it into pure drinking water, thats what i meant by drinking salt water, don't ask me how it works cause i haven't a clue!!!!!! :wink: