Insect Identification

Animals!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:52 am

opuntia wrote:May be Dr.stein is joking...she never seems to be afraid of anything (my guess of course) :?

Uhm, I am seriously serious :evil: I am afraid of those things I mentioned. No kidding. Though I chose Zoology Department when I was a student in university but I avoid to deal with those nasty creatures. There was only three departments: Zoology, Botany, Environmental Biology... did I have a better choice? :roll: :D I like to hide in anatomy, histology, embryology or physiology labs ; avoding invertebrates taxonomy lab, didn't attend in entomology and helminthology classes :lol: :oops:

There was a story... I was interested to do a research of ants. See, who does not interested on ants' life? Nobody, they are nice things (except if they land on our meals hehe). I started to write a research proposal and they just refused it because I didn'y have a basic in entomology. They asked me to sit-in in entomology class and follow the labcourse. I know how the lab looks like, it fulls of monsters caterpillar and larvae...uff... Well, no thanks. Goodbye :cry: :lol: :lol:

victor: Yes, I am into Immunobiology but I prefer not to deal with insects whooaa whooaaaa :twisted: Give me other invertebrates please or I will retire soon :lol: :lol:

opuntia
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by opuntia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:09 am

Caterpillars look evilish...the gypsy moth caterpillar gives me creeps...not to mention how my hands start to itch when ever i see one of them :lol: but still i'm not afraid of them...they are lovely creatures...i sometimes look after caterpillars until they turn into moths and butterflies :D
Last edited by opuntia on Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The roots of education is bitter, but the fruit is sweet" Aristotle

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:17 am

they are lovely creatures??? :shock: Image Image Image

zami'87.
Coral
Coral

Post by zami'87. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:44 pm

I'm sure that if u could say location it would be easier to determine.... :)
Every man is a star whose light can make shadows dance differently and change our view of landscape permanently***

Ange
Garter
Garter

Post by Ange » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:19 am

Hehehe..... I also found a butterfly some time ago.... and I sketch it in Dr. Drei's class (did you know??? sorry...). Lucky I sketch it.... next morning both the wings are eaten.... probably by lizards...
If we love our children, we must love our earth with tender care and pass it on, diverse and beautiful, so that on a warm spring day 10,000 years hence they can feel peace in a sea of grass, songs from the birds, and can find joy in being alive.

Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra

Post by Dr.Stein » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:05 am

Ange: I knew it ;) but I let you doing that because it seemed that you were enjoying your thing, also you did not bother your friends and me, so I have no reason to stop you. Show me your sketch next Friday ok? :)

alphalink11
Garter
Garter

caterpillar

Post by alphalink11 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 pm